Thread: Frightening Demographics---we'll lose without a battle

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Frightening Demographics---we'll lose without a battle 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

This is very frightening. Could this be one of the reasons we're not guarding our southern border? A friend from work sent this to me.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    read this one The End of Europe,"Can America Be Far Behind" - Mark Steyn !

This is also exactly what he talks about in his book America Alone --Mark Steyn

Oh boy... Linda and the other idiots from the, "Imagine if pregnancy came with a pink slip" thread are going to have a field day trying to reason this one out..... Although the math is clear, as is the stated goal of Islam is to rule the world.... And they're helping...

The messed up part is that the people who are multiplying the most aren't capable of sustaining a civilization.. They'll steal all the copper, but thre will be no one to sell it to... They'll pump all the oil, but there will be no one to sell it to...
    Last edited by stsinner; 05-06-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

To be fair, a lot of conservative and traditional Christians also have large families. Also, Muslims who embrace various Western cultures tend to have similar fertility rates as their non-Muslim counterparts. They see the value in having fewer, better educated kids and in having a higher standard of living.

Fertility rates are actually dropping worldwide as contraception becomes available, urbanization banishes the need for farm workers, more children have a good chance of living to adulthood, and parents are less dependent on the fortunes of their children.

That said, traditional believers of almost any faith are likely to have much higher fertility rates than atheists, agnostics, progressive Christians, or cultural faith believers. In 100 years, this may make for an interesting or frightening cultural dynamic (depending on your views). ;)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    This is also exactly what he talks about in his book America Alone --Mark Steyn

Oh boy... Linda and the other idiots from the, "Imagine if pregnancy came with a pink slip" thread are going to have a field day trying to reason this one out..... Although the math is clear, as is the stated goal of Islam is to rule the world.... And they're helping...

The messed up part is that the people who are multiplying the most aren't capable of sustaining a civilization.. They'll steal all the copper, but thre will be no one to sell it to... They'll pump all the oil, but there will be no one to sell it to...
    So now I'm selling out my country because I didn't get into a baby race with the Muslims. Most women who have babies do it for personal reasons; they don't take macro-demographics into consideration.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So now I'm selling out my country because I didn't get into a baby race with the Muslims. Most women who have babies do it for personal reasons; they don't take macro-demographics into consideration.
    I'm just sayin'.....
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Pat Buchannan would tell you that. So would the Klan, but they'd say that you sold out the white race. Neither would tell me that once I told them one of my great-grandmothers was jewish, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Pat Buchannan would tell you that. So would the Klan, but they'd say that you sold out the white race. Neither would tell me that once I told them one of my great-grandmothers was jewish, though.
    Don't you think that's what this video is saying. It neglects the growth of Christian populations in places like Brazil (too dark) and, when it speaks of the US, notes that the break even point is only achieved by adding in Hispanics. If we're talking Christian, I always thought that Hispanics were primarily Christian as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Don't you think that's what this video is saying. It neglects the growth of Christian populations in places like Brazil (too dark) and, when it speaks of the US, notes that the break even point is only achieved by adding in Hispanics. If we're talking Christian, I always thought that Hispanics were primarily Christian as well.
    Not only that but a surprising number of successful Hispanic entrepreneurs are also Pentecostal or Charismatic Protestant Christians who take that whole baby-making thing pretty seriously. ;)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Not only that but a surprising number of successful Hispanic entrepreneurs are also Pentecostal or Charismatic Protestant Christians who take that whole baby-making thing pretty seriously. ;)
    I forget - do you have kids, Ginger? Or are you "selfish" like I am? :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken