Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Sorry Lurk....I'm already on beeper alert for that guy.
    damn ambulance chaser...
    figures you would get first shot :mad:
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Serial lovers, whether they be men or women, probably should not have children.
    But they do and at some point they need to stop fliting around and raise their kids with a more mature adult who can role model the state of being a grown-up.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    damn ambulance chaser...
    figures you would get first shot :mad:
    I've spent a lot of years studying Anna Nicole. She was one of my heroes (Ann Coulter, of course, being my other one). There's a reason I spend my Sunday afternoons at the nursing homes...and it has nothing to do with the spiked lousy tea. I'm cultivating.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I've spent a lot of years studying Anna Nicole. She was one of my heroes (Ann Coulter, of course, being my other one). There's a reason I spend my Sunday afternoons at the nursing homes...and it has nothing to do with the spiked lousy tea. I'm cultivating.
    oh that is not fair! I am ethically bound to not shop where I work...
    curse my ethical principles!
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    But they do and at some point they need to stop fliting around and raise their kids with a more mature adult who can role model the state of being a grown-up.
    All the more reason not to procreate, as who wants to be an adult role model. The only role models I know are...

A man walks down the street
    He says why am I short of attention
    Got a short little span of attention
    And woe my nights are so long
    Where’s my wife and family
    What if I die here
    Who’ll be my role model
    Now that my role model is
    Gone gone
    He ducked back down the alley
    With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
    All along along
    There were incidents and accidents
    There were hints and allegations
    However, on a more serious note, why does anyone think that a state-imposed declaration/classification, i.e., "marriage," will make people "more mature." I would suggest, rather, it will merely increase the burden on taxpayers to enforce that definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    However, on a more serious note, why does anyone think that a state-imposed declaration/classification, i.e., "marriage," will make people "more mature." I would suggest, rather, it will merely increase the burden on taxpayers to enforce that definition.
    It can't make people "more mature" but if it's more difficult to get into and get out of, it can make people think more seriously about the commitment angle.

The raw facts are that most poverty is caused by women who have children without men. Economically, for most people a two person working unit (working at home or not) is most successful for women who have children. This has to be a sustained relationship and marriage is the most suitable event for this.

Single people, people without kids, and others who don't directly contribute to the next generation can arrange their lives in different ways. We need to actively support and encourage two-parent families for our own collective good. Poverty and aimlessness is no way to raise the next generation.