1. #1 Obama and Souter's replacement. 
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Some on this board have stated that Obama's replacing Souter with another liberal is no big deal. I would have to STRONGLY disagree.

Thomas Sowell explains why:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...law_96335.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._ii_96336.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._iv_96337.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...iii_96334.html

Our very freedoms are now at dire risk.

With Obama moving to give power to the federal government to literally hire and fire corporate leaders - DENYING the stockholders their rights it is critical we move to stop them NOW.

With the recent Kelo decision at risk of being expanded, it is critical we stop them NOW.

With the Eco nut jobs usurping property rights by the mere claim there MIGHT be an endangered species in the same county - we need to stop them NOW.

With the known animosity these tyrants have toward the 2nd amendment, we need to stop them NOW.

With the known desire to have illegal immigrants legitimized with driving rights, welfare and healthcare rights and even voting rights, we need to stop them NOW.

We cannot afford to simply lay back and accept the destruction of our Constitution via the "living document" argument. As Sowell explains, it is actually a dying document if we allow it to continue.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Thomas Sowell is a genious, I read these at Townhall. This is the worst thing to happen with no power to halt the 0s submissions for the courts!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It all depends on what type of liberal he puts on the court. I'm still hoping he picks former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer, who hasn't been on the bench for a while, but was a pretty pro-business, pro-law enforcement kind of mayor. He was totally liberal on social issues, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It all depends on what type of liberal he puts on the court. I'm still hoping he picks former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer, who hasn't been on the bench for a while, but was a pretty pro-business, pro-law enforcement kind of mayor. He was totally liberal on social issues, though.
    Well, lets see, the 0 has only nominated criminals and cheats so far. I have an idea of the kind of judge he wants, one that would be in his pocket!
    Besides there is only one kind of liberal - moonbat! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Mayor Archer was good as Mayor of Detroit - especially considering how liberal the city is. I am not sure he would be as a Justice.

As Sowell said, justices need to rule on the law and the Constitution, not on feelings or empathy.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Mayor Archer was good as Mayor of Detroit - especially considering how liberal the city is. I am not sure he would be as a Justice.

As Sowell said, justices need to rule on the law and the Constitution, not on feelings or empathy.

He served on the Michigan Supreme Court prior to becoming mayor. I think that because his most recent office wasn't in the judiciary, he'd bring a different perspective to the court.

Yes, but why would Obama nominate a pro-business, pro-law enforcement judge when his entire cabinet is anti-business and, if not philosophically anti-law enforcement, at least so crooked as to make any distinction irrelevent? He will appoint the most activist, radical judge that he can find, secure in the knowledge that the media will portray any attempt to scrutinize his/her/its record as a partisan witch hunt and that he has enough votes in the senate to override a filibuster, assuming that the Republicans even decided to try one.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yes, but why would Obama nominate a pro-business, pro-law enforcement judge when his entire cabinet is anti-business and, if not philosophically anti-law enforcement, at least so crooked as to make any distinction irrelevent? He will appoint the most activist, radical judge that he can find, secure in the knowledge that the media will portray any attempt to scrutinize his/her/its record as a partisan witch hunt and that he has enough votes in the senate to override a filibuster, assuming that the Republicans even decided to try one.
    Republican filibuster? Fat chance that would be rascist. The republicans hardly wimper any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Republican filibuster? Fat chance that would be rascist. The republicans hardly wimper any more.
    You never know. If Obama picked somebody who was so out there that even senate Republicans were offended and grew spines, it could happen. But it would have to be someone who was so odious and controversial that even the media would have a hard time defending the choice. I'm talking someone on the order of Ron Kuby or Lynne Stewart, but it would have to be someone that obvious, and even Obama isn't arrogant enough to think that he could pull that off.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!