1. #1 This is what happens when states let the nose of the fed, into their tent. 
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4592200.story

California can't even make decisions on how to handle its own fiscal crisis, without Big Daddy Fed steppin in to tell them, "No, we don't think that's gonna work for us, this is what you're gonna have to do....."

Unbelievable, but probably just the beginning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4592200.story

California can't even make decisions on how to handle its own fiscal crisis, without Big Daddy Fed steppin in to tell them, "No, we don't think that's gonna work for us, this is what you're gonna have to do....."

Unbelievable, but probably just the beginning.
    I saw this earlier today. My take is that it is something that will be resolved with some give and take.

It sounds like posturing on part of some mid-level bureaucrat at the Federal level. Arnold is most effective when he is negotiating. He can go over peoples' heads if need be. Both of our Senators are very powerful, as are many of our Reps.

California is like AIG--too big to fail.--I'm both proud and ashamed to say that.

Interesting that this ran in the 'liberal' L.A. times.

That's just one of the many strings which come attached to federal dollars. I actually feel kind of sorry for Arnold. With its financial woes and natural disasters, with the exodus of businesses and people and influx of illegals, it probably isn't much fun being the govenor of the state. I hope your not in the path of the fires.

Odd situation. Accept the money from D.C. and go broke if you use it in the manner prescribed. Refused the money and go broke anyways. I just don't see this as an example of the law of unintended consequences. I feel certain that the Obama administration who exactly what this stimulus would do to a lot of states. If you ask me, between the new Hate crime legislation, the attempts to clandestinely nationalize the financial and auto industries and a stimulus package with more strings attached to it than all the balloons in the Macy's parade, the fed are making the biggest power grab in the history of the executive branch

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis