1. #1 Illinois DOT plans to leave more roadkill behind 
    CARBONDALE, Ill. -- The view along Illinois highways this summer should be beautiful - for the turkey vultures.

The state's transportation department says it won't be picking up as much roadkill left along roads because it spent too much of its budget during the winter.

Dead animals in driving lanes and any deemed hazardous to motorists will be removed. But much of the rest will be left for scavengers.

Kevin Gillespie of the Jackson County Health Department says the roadkill might be smelly and gruesome, but it shouldn't lead to any health risks.

http://http://www.miamiherald.com/577/story/552633.html

What's for dinner Ralphie? :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    :eek::eek::eek:

I met a woman once thru eHarmony that was a veterinarian. She told me how she would drive thru the Orange County foothils here in Ca to work every day. She would see cats and possums that had been hit by cars and would stop to check and see if any of them were pregnant females.

She told me how she had cut open dead females and rescued unborn kittens and baby possums. She told me they looked like Christmas ornaments all hanging on a common umbilical cord when she pulled them out of the dead mother....

We talked on the phone exactly 1 time (thats when she first told me about this) and then I emailed her saying I didnt think there was any chemistry between us. No doubt it was a noble cause but nevertheless the way she described what she did it made my skin crawl.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    I met a woman once thru eHarmony that was a veterinarian. She told me how she would drive thru the Orange County foothils here in Ca to work every day. She would see cats and possums that had been hit by cars and would stop to check and see if any of them were pregnant females.

She told me how she had cut open dead females and rescued unborn kittens and baby possums. She told me they looked like Christmas ornaments all hanging on a common umbilical cord when she pulled them out of the dead mother....

We talked on the phone exactly 1 time (thats when she first told me about this) and then I emailed her saying I didnt think there was any chemistry between us. No doubt it was a noble cause but nevertheless the way she described what she did it made my skin crawl.
    Dude. You are soooo lucky. Imagine if such a tidbit came out a month or two after you started dating? :eek:

Creeps me out to.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    So if the Senator from Illinois turns Hillary into a speedbump....she'd just gonna lie there?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

The Ill DOT is also planning a lot more speedtraps. One of the women at work sent out the warning. Guess I'll stay on this side of the river (Mississippi, of course). :D

I've seen many a speedtrap on the route from Scott Air Force Base and StL.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Hehe, love it. :D

But much of the rest will be left for Southerners.
    Fixed! :D