Thread: Alan Keyes arrested in Notre Dame protest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Alan Keyes arrested in Notre Dame protest 
    Alan Keyes arrested in Notre Dame protest

SOUTH BEND, Ind., May 8 (UPI) -- Alan Keyes, who lost to Barack Obama in a U.S. Senate race, was arrested Friday protesting President Obama's invitation to speak at Notre Dame in Indiana.

Keyes and 20 others were charged with trespassing, Dennis Brown, a spokesman for the Catholic university, said. Brown said the university has a long-standing policy that only student-led demonstrations are allowed on campus with approval from the office of student affairs.

Notre Dame invited Obama to deliver the commencement address and receive an honorary degree May 17, causing an uproar because of his support of abortion rights. Many of the protesters Friday pushed baby strollers covered in fake blood.

Operation Rescue described the demonstration as peaceful.

"Notre Dame arrests Christians who defend babies, and honors a man who kills them," Randall Terry, the group's founder, said. "This is an open wound in the Church. The question is this: Will a Catholic Bishop step up and demand this betrayal of the Faith be brought to a halt?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/...3971241836028/
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Power CUer
    Well, that's what he went there to do.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    What's the Pope saying about all this? Mama mia! No he's German, so... scheisse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What's the Pope saying about all this? Mama mia! No he's German, so... scheisse!!!
    Frankly, I hope that the pope does weigh in on this. It's a Catholic university, so having the most pro-abortion president in history as a commencement speaker is going to be controversial to those Catholics who actually, you know, believe in their faith. The PC dolts who extended this invitiation have invited excommunication and dismissal. I don't expect it to happen, but I can dream...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Can't these "dissenters" protesting and complaining muster up enough decency to at least support the office of the presid- oh wait, a D is office - EVERYONE DISSENT!!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Can't these "dissenters" protesting and complaining muster up enough decency to at least support the office of the presid- oh wait, a D is office - EVERYONE DISSENT!!

LOL!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Frankly, I hope that the pope does weigh in on this. It's a Catholic university, so having the most pro-abortion president in history as a commencement speaker is going to be controversial to those Catholics who actually, you know, believe in their faith. The PC dolts who extended this invitiation have invited excommunication and dismissal. I don't expect it to happen, but I can dream...
    The Pope will never say anything--I was being facetious.

This is a handful of rouge Bishops trying to embarrass the president and push their agenda. Not saying their agenda is wrong--but these people are trying to get a major university to takes sides against a sitting president. IMO, they are really just embarrassing the Church.

Obama won the Catholic vote. A majority of Catholics may agree with this loud minority's view but certainly not their method. There is a time and place to make your position known and this is not it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The Pope will never say anything--I was being facetious.

This is a handful of rouge Bishops trying to embarrass the president and push their agenda. Not saying their agenda is wrong--but these people are trying to get a major university to takes sides against a sitting president. IMO, they are really just embarrassing the Church.

Obama won the Catholic vote. A majority of Catholics may agree with this loud minority's view but certainly not their method. There is a time and place to make your position known and this is not it.
    I will never understand a Catholic voting for a pro-abortion Prez, its kinda of like how a vast majority of jews voted for the magic negro when he all but came out and said he would sell Israel down the river.

The must be cafeteria Catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I will never understand a Catholic voting for a pro-abortion Prez, its kinda of like how a vast majority of jews voted for the magic negro when he all but came out and said he would sell Israel down the river.

The must be cafeteria Catholics.
    A lot of people aren't one issue voters.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    A lot of people aren't one issue voters.
    Abortion was a defining issue that held more weight than others. I think people are becoming more and more brainwashed by tv.