Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    A lot of people aren't one issue voters.
    Its a pretty big issue not to mention MN's stance on stem cell research, using tax dollars for abortion around the world.

Its not they are one issue voters its that they are not really practicing catholics, like the afore mentioned jews who voted for a man that would let Israel go swishing down the toilet so as not to piss off the muzzies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I will never understand a Catholic voting for a pro-abortion Prez, its kinda of like how a vast majority of jews voted for the magic negro when he all but came out and said he would sell Israel down the river.

The must be cafeteria Catholics.
    They must have actually read their Bible.. and discovered that there is no such passage which reads, "Thou shalt not abort".

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    They must have actually read their Bible.. and discovered that there is no such passage which reads, "Thou shalt not abort".
    Oh Wilbur. Don't play stupid. A lot of people Might think though shalt not kill miight apply here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Oh Wilbur. Don't play stupid. A lot of people Might think though shalt not kill miight apply here!
    A lot certainly do... and a lot of others certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    A lot certainly do... and a lot of others certainly don't.
    But we are supposed to accept your interpretation of the bible. Does being an athiest make you more credible?

Banned
    But we are supposed to accept your interpretation of the bible.
    My interpretation isnt the issue (any view that holds the Bible to be more than a man-made collection of stories is wrong, in my view).. but since the Bible is silent on the biology of human reproduction, it shouldn't be surprising that there are Catholics and Christians who see no wrong in some forms of abortion... and they are probably just as devout and faithful as any other.

Does being an athiest make you more credible?
    Not necessarily, but it certainly helps.

Power CUer
    Abortion was a defining issue that held more weight than others.
    When was that? I don't think I've ever seen it higher than about #5 on lists of issues important to voters. Economic conditions and wars are going to beat out things like abortion every time.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    When was that? I don't think I've ever seen it higher than about #5 on lists of issues important to voters. Economic conditions and wars are going to beat out things like abortion every time.
    That does not make it less of an issue to millions of voters does it? FYI, I think 75% of the voters are dumb as a rock. They automatically vote by party affiliation and personality rather than on issues.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That does not make it less of an issue to millions of voters does it? FYI, I think 75% of the voters are dumb as a rock. They automatically vote by party affiliation and personality rather than on issues.
    It might not make it less of an issue to some voters, but that's not enough to affect the outcome of most elections. I think most people have decided this is "settled law".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Exactly. That's why we frequently change the party in charge.

Does anyone seriously think McCain's position is why he lost?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ