1. #1 Greetings from The Combine 
    Hi, everyone. I'm writing from Illinois, controlled, as John Kass defines it so well, by The Combine. Like some others I stumbled onto this site, and I'm liking it very much. I am 56 years old, and I must confess up front that until the summer of 2004, to my shame, I was a liberal Democrat. (In truth, I had been wavering for some time, but the final epiphany occurred the day Reagan died. Thank you, Ronnie.) If it's all right, I'd like to stick around.

I actually cried watching Reagan's funeral...

Would you mind sharing what that epiphany was, if it wasn't too personal? Why did Reagan's death change things for you?
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Welcome!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Welcome to CU!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSays View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm writing from Illinois, controlled, as John Kass defines it so well, by The Combine. Like some others I stumbled onto this site, and I'm liking it very much. I am 56 years old, and I must confess up front that until the summer of 2004, to my shame, I was a liberal Democrat. (In truth, I had been wavering for some time, but the final epiphany occurred the day Reagan died. Thank you, Ronnie.) If it's all right, I'd like to stick around.
    Welcome! It would appear that Illinois combine is rolling across america now.

Welcome neighbor. Are you in Southern Illinois or in Obama and Blago Land? Glad you had that epiphany. :)