Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Saudi judge: It's OK to slap spendthrift wives 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

By Mohammed Jihad, Dirka,Dirka...JUST KIDDING!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    By Mohammed Jamjoom
    CNN

(CNN) -- Husbands are allowed to slap their wives if they spend lavishly, a Saudi judge said recently during a seminar on domestic violence, Saudi media reported Sunday.

Arab News, a Saudi English-language daily newspaper based in Riyadh, reported that Judge Hamad Al-Razine said that "if a person gives SR 1,200 [$320] to his wife and she spends 900 riyals [$240] to purchase an abaya [the black cover that women in Saudi Arabia must wear] from a brand shop and if her husband slaps her on the face as a reaction to her action, she deserves that punishment."

Women in the audience immediately and loudly protested Al-Razine's statement, and were shocked to learn the remarks came from a judge, the newspaper reported.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Why do I have the feeling that some men on this board will suddenly feel solidarity with Muslim men? :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I knew you'd answer 1st. :D

SLW is out shopping...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I knew you'd answer 1st. :D

SLW is out shopping...
    Don't listen to him. He lies. I was making horseradish potato salad, but I did see the initial post. I commented that I wouldn't like to be stuck in one of those burkas with those awful chauvanists. :D

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that some men on this board will suddenly feel solidarity with Muslim men? :p
    If i told my wife to take 240.00 and by something to cover her head up she would slap the snot out of me and I would be wearing one to cover up the bruises.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 05-10-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Absolutely. I'm a cafeteria muzzie.

What's the dude doing giving his wife $320 in the first place? Surely there were some scrap garments laying around the house that she could have used to sew one together.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    Men? ...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Interestingly, the best way to build a stable family is outlined very clearly in the Bible. The man is the authority in the house, and both wife and children are to respect him. In return, he is commanded to love his wife as his own flesh, treat her as a co-heir to salvation, and lay his life down for her at need, as Christ did with His church. Upon the man rests all the responsibility to build and maintain a happy family...or die trying.

slap?? no.......revocation of all financial use for a while?? absolutely!! make the punishment fit the crime and you achieve much better results. hell...if all im gonna get for maxing to parents credit card is a slap on the face then ill take that...ill be doing whatever, with whatever ive bought with a sore face for a few hours but thats all. small price to pay lol
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Men? ...
    I didn't see Koran anywhere in that post.

~QC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I didn't see Koran anywhere in that post.

~QC
    No, just the Bible.