Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    If you don't care, you shouldn't make such statements about things of which you're totally IGNORANT.
    You should not speak of ignorance. Anyone that is your age (pushing 60), does not own a house, a car and can not retire because you pissed it away has no room to talk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You should not speak of ignorance. Anyone that is your age (pushing 60), does not own a house, a car and can not retire because you pissed it away has no room to talk.
    It seems like that's your only comeback, old man. What you don't seem to realize is that not all people have the desire to live the American Dream of a house in the suburbs, 2 SUVs, a dog and a cat, and 2.1 brats. There are those of us who think that those sorts of people are dull, stupid, and have wasted their lives.

You enjoy your lifestyle we will enjoy ours!

A matter of preference, I suppose.

I could never live in some apartment tube in some urban area. Anything less than 3500 square feet on less than an acre is simply not for me.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You enjoy your lifestyle we will enjoy ours!]
    Tell that to Pogo, above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    A matter of preference, I suppose.

I could never live in some apartment tube in some urban area. Anything less than 3500 square feet on less than an acre is simply not for me.
    But all I have to do is walk across the street to have dinner at Max's. :D

But all I have to do is walk across the street to have dinner at Max's. :D
    Well, they do have your scotch on the menu as I recall.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    It seems like that's your only comeback, old man. What you don't seem to realize is that not all people have the desire to live the American Dream of a house in the suburbs, 2 SUVs, a dog and a cat, and 2.1 brats. There are those of us who think that those sorts of people are dull, stupid, and have wasted their lives.
    Most people think that those that live your kind of life are losers, stupid and have no purpose in life except to satisfy their own self centered egotisical self. Hey, it your money but it is rather pathetic to see an old man still having to work in his golden years. Damm, you don't even like dogs or cats.:eek: I can understand SUV's and kids.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Most people think that those that live your kind of life are losers, stupid and have no purpose in life execpt to satisfy their own self centered egotisical self. Hey, it your money but it is rather pathetic to see an old man still having to work in his golden years. Damm, you don't even like dogs or cats.:eek: I can understand SUV's and kids.
    Why would I ever want to retire? I love what I do. Traveling about on OPM, interacting with a different client every few months, learning new technologies and methodolgies, not going into the same office day after day (I don't even have one within my company), drinking lots of scotch and sampling the local delicacies. Perhaps I'll slow down one day, go independent, and take selected contracts, and manage my girlfriend's business. Money's really not the issue.

BTW, I have four cats.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    No, don't spend like a drunken sailor. I prefer investing and handling the finances responsibly. I also hate shopping.
    Borrrring! :D
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.