Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    When's the last time anyone saw a razor strop? I remember my grandfather using one, but I'll bet lots of people here have never seen a razor strop.
    I would occasionally accompany my father to the barber shop. They used them there.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    That kid should get some belt love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    That kid is too old for a spanking. He needs an ass kicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    A razor strap would work on his bare ass.

The kid could also be a distant Kennedy relative.
    Thanks to our wonderful Hitlery's Village, parents have been terrorized into not spaking or even punishing children in ways that would have mitigated such callous behavior. The younger parents have been endoctrinated into thinking that holding their children accountable for any bad behavior is wrong. He's still a juvenile which will probably keep him from being appropriately punished on a legal level too.
    Last edited by CLibertarian; 07-03-2008 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    They need to haul him down to the local nursing home and make him run the cane and walker gauntlet!
    That's justice of the poetic kind.

Banned
    When's the last time anyone saw a razor strop? I remember my grandfather using one, but I'll bet lots of people here have never seen a razor strop.
    My dad used to shave with a straight razor and used the strap to sharpen it; he whipped by butt with it once.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    My dad used to shave with a straight razor and used the strap to sharpen it; he whipped by butt with it once.
    What, you didn't tell a teacher or doctor so that he could be accused of abuse?

I'll bet that you didn't repeat whatever you did to receive that punishment, did you?;)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    What, you didn't tell a teacher or doctor so that he could be accused of abuse?

I'll bet that you didn't repeat whatever you did to receive that punishment, did you?;)
    Nope; back then a teacher or the police would have told me I deserved it. In high school, we had a coach that would whip the kids with a thick 2' long paddle with a handle that he would grip with both hands.

My dad caught me playing a pinball machine that paid off. He hated gambling worse than any Baptist preacher because his father was addicted to betting on the ponies when he was a kid. I did not play one for many years after that.

My grandfather's strop hung in the kitchen for years. About a month ago my Mom asked me if I wanted it as a remebrance. It was never used on me but I saw him sharpen his razor many times. I turned her down.She has his soap cup also.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    My grandfather's strop hung in the kitchen for years. About a month ago my Mom asked me if I wanted it as a remebrance. It was never used on me but I saw him sharpen his razor many times. I turned her down.She has his soap cup also.
    I used to watch my grandfather shave himself with a long straight razor. Watching him go up the inside of the throat gave me the willies.

I used to watch my grandfather shave himself with a long straight razor. Watching him go up the inside of the throat gave me the willies.
    Back in those days, if a fellow didn't trust himself or others with a straight razor, I'm almost certain those were the guuys that had beards.:D

Power CUer
    Nether my father nor my grandfather ever had any facial hair at all. My father shaved every day, even under fire from the Japanese. If I were a man, I would think I'd grow something once, just out of curiosity, but they never did!