Thread: Seven Issues Where the GOP Should Adopt the "Party of No" Label

1. #1 Seven Issues Where the GOP Should Adopt the "Party of No" Label 
    The party of NO, I like it! But we have to have our own Ideas, like lowering taxes, cutting entitlement programs and limiting government.

Lets get tough, say NO

During the first World War, Kaiser Wilhelm supposedly referred to the British troops as a "contemptible little army." The British soldiers, rather than ignoring the insult of their enemy, adopted the nickname of the "Old Contemptibles" and then proceeded to fight the Kaiser's men to a standstill until eventually the United States entered the war and the Allied Powers were able to march onward to victory.

There's a lesson there for the Republican Party.

The GOP has spent eight years fudging the differences between the Republican and Democrat parties. In large part, that's why the American people tossed the Republican Party out on its collective behind: given a choice between Democrats and Democrat-lite, they chose the real thing.

Now, after being referred to as "The Party of No," the GOP should embrace that label instead of running from it. Yes, we have plenty of solutions, but before they can be implemented, Barack Obama has to be stopped -- he has to fail. Wanting Barack Obama to fail is like wanting someone who's trying to beat your child to death with a shovel to fail. You want him to fail because you love your child and we want Barack Obama to fail because we love this country.

Towards that end, the Republican Party needs to clearly, loudly, and unambiguously say "No" to...

Closing Gitmo: We don't want to close a prison for terrorists without knowing what we're going to do with them. The idea that the President of the United States might actually release terrorists trained by Al-Qaeda into the general population of the United States, which is something Eric Holder has openly discussed, is beyond-the-pale. The President of the United States is supposed to keep terrorists out of this country, not bring them here.

snip....

A special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate what happened and -- if as it appears, Barack Obama crookedly used billions of taxpayer dollars to maneuver his political allies into power -- he should go to jail.

continued

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

If I may, I'd like to add an item to the list. Obama plans on releasing these photos of enhanced interrogation around the end of May. If Republicans cannot stop him from releasing them, they should at least demand that they not be released until later. May 25th is Memorial Day. Any attempt to embarrass our military at that time would be unconscionable even for Obama. The Republicans should fight this one tooth and nail.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    If I may, I'd like to add an item to the list. Obama plans on releasing these photos of enhanced interrogation around the end of May. If Republicans cannot stop him from releasing them, they should at least demand that they not be released until later. May 25th is Memorial Day. Any attempt to embarrass our military at that time would be unconscionable even for Obama. The Republicans should fight this one tooth and nail.
    I think that is the 0s (magic negro) point. the libs and 0 disdain anything to do with our military. It is disgusting that they want to publish those pics with glee just before the holiday (my anniversary too)!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I think that is the 0s (magic negro) point. the libs and 0 disdain anything to do with our military. It is disgusting that they want to publish those pics with glee just before the holiday (my anniversary too)!
    Happy anniversary!

I'm sure that is his intent. He has stepped over the line more times than I can count and the opposition, if you can call it that, has hardly said a word. But if they won't defend the honor of the men and women who've sacrificed their lives defending this country, they are no better and are as contemptible themselves as Obama.

There has to be a line and I think this is it.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.