1. #1 Jackass Journalist Too Ashamed To Celebrate The 4th... 
    Chris Satullo: A not-so-glorious Fourth
    U.S. atrocities are unworthy of our heritage.
    By Chris Satullo

Inquirer Columnist

Put the fireworks in storage.
    Cancel the parade.

Tuck the soaring speeches in a drawer for another time.

This year, America doesn't deserve to celebrate its birthday. This Fourth of July should be a day of quiet and atonement.

For we have sinned.

We have failed to pay attention. We've settled for lame excuses. We've spit on the memory of those who did that brave, brave thing in Philadelphia 232 years ago.

The America those men founded should never torture a prisoner.

The America they founded should never imprison people for years without charge or hearing.

The America they founded should never ship prisoners to foreign lands, knowing their new jailers might torture them.

Such abuses once were committed by the arrogant crowns of Europe, spawning rebellion.

Today, our nation does such things in the name of our safety. Petrified, unwilling to take the risks that love of liberty demands, we close our eyes.

We have done such things, on orders from the Oval Office. We have done them, without general outrage or shame.

Abu Ghraib. Guantanamo. CIA secret prisons. "Rendition" of prisoners to foreign torture chambers.

It's not enough that we had good reason to be scared.

The men huddled long ago in Philadelphia had better reason. A British fleet floated off the Jersey coast, full of hands eager to hang them from the nearest lampposts.

Yet they pledged their lives and sacred honor - no idle vow - to defend the "inalienable rights" of men. Inalienable - what does that signify? It means rights that belong to each person, simply by virtue of being human. Rights that can never be taken away, no matter what evil a person might do or might intend.

Surely one of those is the right not to be tortured. Surely that is a piece of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

This is the creed of July 4: No matter what it costs us, no matter how it scares us, no matter how foolish it seems to a cynical world, America should stand up for human rights.
    More America Loathing And Moonbat Screed at the link.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colum...us_Fourth.html

Happy 4th from the Libs!

I think jolly ole Chris should go out, buy himself a gun and blow what little brains he has out.

Last edited by Teetop; 07-02-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo

Guess that he's having an even worse time than Obama's wife. At least she had ONE time that she was proud of our country.

Please folks, hold your nose and vote for McCain. Think what four steady years of this will be like. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Guess that he's having an even worse time than Obama's wife. At least she had ONE time that she was proud of our country.

Please folks, hold your nose and vote for McCain. Think what four steady years of this will be like. :eek:
    It's not the screeds of the leftist journalist that will be so bad, but the ways in which Barack and company will react to them. It'll make the Carter Administration look good.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naďve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

What a dickhead.
    No, Chris, I'm NOT putting an end to any celebrations just because YOU feel guilty that homicidal terrorists in prison aren't being treated like guests at a 5- star resort.
    Last night at church, the pastor at one point brought up an email about our country, and how in World War II, a war which cost many more American lives, among the many differences between that era and ours, back then, no one would have even thought about spewing the kinds of traitorous bile that lefty journalists and pretentious Hollywood celebrities have been puking out today, and how the people in the military back then would have laughed at what the aforementioned liberals of today consider to be 'Torture' (i.e. the simple humiliation techniques we use).
    So, I'll be gladly celebrating my country's Independence Day, and I'm going to enjoy it.

Power CUer
    "Put the fireworks in storage.
    Cancel the parade."

Not on your life. I'M not getting stuck with six dozen cupcakes. :mad:

Oh, please......another whiny, self-absorbed man-baby chimes in about his angst. The sheer horror of living in a country where you can publish your own imbecilic maunderings without fear of death, imprisonment, or rape is just too much to take.

Pack your bags, Chris and move to a country you can really get behind. I suggest Cuba.

BSR
    Im going to do my best to piss this guy off.

I'm going to celebrate, have a good time, honor my country, remember those who died so that I can celebrate, and pass this tradition on to my son and all the while not think once about this retard or his column.