Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 High Noon at the Waffle House 
    Banned
    If all you're packing is a waffle, it's not a good idea to go up against a waitress with a gun...

Eggs, Hashbrowns and a Gun?

Clarendon County (WLTX) - A Clarendon County waitress is accused of shooting a customer at the restaurant after the two had a dispute.

Yakeisha Ward, 29, is charged with assault and battery with intent to kill.

An early morning run for breakfast at the Waffle House on Paxville Highway in Manning turned terribly wrong for Crystal Samuel.

"I thought I was gonna get me an All-Star," says Samuel. A popular meal on the menu. "Grits, sausage, toast, eggs and a waffle," says Samuel.

She didn't get what she came for. Instead, she says while she waited for her order, her friends started eating. That's when Samuel says she was told they couldn't eat from carryout trays inside the restaurant.

"I said what is your fuss about. I said we haven't paid for our food. She (Ward) said well you all got to leave. How you want us to leave and we ain't paid for the food yet," says Samuel.

That's when it got ugly. Samuel says she threw a waffle at the waitress. "I did actually throw some food but it didn't hit her," says Samuel. "That's when she (Ward) jumped across the counter and we got into it," says Samuel.

Clarendon County Sheriff Randy Garrett says the altercation continued outside where he says Ward got a gun from her car and a gun magazine from her trunk.

"It's poor judgment on her part trying to settle this matter with a weapon. either way she had time to think about what she was doing when she was walking to her car," says Garrett.

Investigators say Ward's gun discharged during the altercation. They say a bullet fragment struck Samuel in the arm.

"Deputies were close by when they rolled up in the parking lot the victim and the suspect were still engaged in a fight," says Garrett.

Before it ended, authorities say Ward struck the victim in the head with the gun.

More....

I haven't eaten at a Waffle House in years. It was never that exciting when I was there.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I haven't eaten at a Waffle House in years. It was never that exciting when I was there.
    How can you say it's not exciting? Just prying the sticky silverware off the surface of the counter is an adventure there!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    I used to eat there but it's been a while. I will never forget the time I ordered an egg and cheese omelet. The rookie cook flipped it and part of the omelet hit the side of the pan, broke off and hit the guy in the forehead and fell on the floor. I told the guy he would have to get someone else to cook it. It was an order to go so when I got into my car, I got to laughing so hard, I could not start the car up for a minute or so. I mean where can you go to get that kind of entertainment and eats for around 10 bucks.

We don't have Waffle House in Michigan. The stores seem to start popping up around Columbus, OH and Indianapolis.

I've stopped at them while travelling. The waffles are good. I must have stopped at clean franchises, because I didn't notice any sticky silverware or counters. I worked at an IHOP as a teen that was one of the filthiest places I've ever seen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We don't have Waffle House in Michigan. The stores seem to start popping up around Columbus, OH and Indianapolis.

I've stopped at them while travelling. The waffles are good. I must have stopped at clean franchises, because I didn't notice any sticky silverware or counters. I worked at an IHOP as a teen that was one of the filthiest places I've ever seen.
    They are ok if they are kept clean but some are so dirty even a truck driver wont eat in them :D

Try it again after last call at the local bars; fun city ;)
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Nothing like a bunch of drunks in a place where the lights were turned way up. Those were the days.:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post

Like the Burger King in Kalamazoo, next to WMU's campus, that was open until 4 am. That's where the first Elvis sighting occurred. This BK was located between campus and the one bar in the area at the time (Coral Gables-no longer in existence) that served underage drinkers. Fun place to be in the wee hours.

Banned
    So fracking hungry, waiting for my trailer to be unloaded :(