Thread: Is California sinking?

1. #1 Is California sinking? 
    Been reading about the upcoming votes on ballot propositions, it does not look too good. When the politicians tell you you have to vote for it or else its the end of the world, they are just trying to get it passed by scaring you.
    The way I've been reading it, even if it passes they will be in a world of hurt. I guess it will be the experiment to see just how much a people can be taxed before revolt, or mass exodus.

They certainly do not want to part with any entitlement programs or political benifits or illegal immigration.

Michael Reagan talks about it.

Now you may not have heard about Proposition 1A, but rest assured, liberals in Washington like Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Harry Reid are watching Proposition 1A closely.

Speaker Pelosi, who is even stumping for the passage of Proposition 1A, recently said, "Proposition 1A is right on time."

The people of California will vote on Proposition 1A on May 19 -- just days from now -- and liberals in Congress, like Pelosi, are already getting a loud-and-clear message. If the people of California can be deceived into buying this obscene perversion of language, designed to fool trusting people into voting for a massive tax hike. YOU CAN TOO!

No matter where you may live, you owe it to yourself to get the facts on Proposition 1A because it may be coming, very soon, to a "theater" near you.

Proposition 1A is being sold to the people as a "spending cap" and, by implication, a tool to cut government waste. But walking hand-in-hand with this so-called spending cap is a massive $16 billion dollar tax increase.

Now you may be saying that if the spending cap results in a savings of more than $16 billion, then perhaps that is not so bad. So, what are the hard numbers on the spending cap? Amazingly, we don't really know.

There's an old Scottish proverb: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Future President Lisa Simpson called it a "refund adjustment".