Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The term apparently has many different meanings and uses depending on who you talk to. See earlier posts with links. Jews know it as one thing. Catholics another. Calvanists too. Evangelicals as well.

Some people go to Church. Some people go to Church + Bible study. Some deeply spiritual people do neither.

I see the term shows up in different books of the bible in slightly different contexts. Maybe the term as you know it is expressed differently in the Churches I've attended?

Quite honestly, the way MrsSmith was trying to confront me with, it seemed more like I didn't know the secret password-- :)
    MrsSmith was just pointing out that you are not that familiar with the content of the Bible. As for the New Covenant it has just one meaning. Where you get this it means different things to different people is beyond me. The old Covenant was fulfilled when Christ died on the Cross and the New Covenant which encompassed all people who believe took its place.

Jews don't recognize the New Covenant so how can it mean anything to them? Calvanists (of which I am one) and the rest of Christianity all agree on what it is.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is an interesting topic and deserves its own thread.

Pay attention: this is a REL thread. Unlike much of the rest of the discussion on this board, REL threads require a higher standard of behavior. Be civil and don't devolve into sarcasm, pwned pics, foul language, or any other type of childish behavior.

Now go have some good clean fun! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I think the confusion here is that there are 2 New Covenants in the Bible. At one point in the Old Testament, God made a New Covenant with the children of Israel.

The New Covenant with Christ is the New Testament covenant...the covenant under which all Christians are covered. It stems directly from the covenant with Abraham, bypassing all the covenants made with the children of Israel.

The article Nut posted is referring to the covenant in the Old Testament...
    From the other thread...:)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

All Christians are Christians under the New Covenant with Christ. Someone who does not accept the covenant...is not Christian, no matter what they call themselves,
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.