Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BSR
    This is why I hate humanity. When a young girl can be raped and murdered by her uncle, all hope for it is lost.

If you have kids, and still live in Vermont, this will happen again, you were warned last year when a judge gave 2 months probation to a child rapist who sodomized 2 boys.Where was the outrage then. They refused to enact Jessica's law but look how large the secession movement is up there. Screw vermont, mourn for the children lost and those who WILL be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    If you have kids, and still live in Vermont, this will happen again, you were warned last year when a judge gave 2 months probation to a child rapist who sodomized 2 boys.Where was the outrage then. They refused to enact Jessica's law but look how large the secession movement is up there. Screw vermont, mourn for the children lost and those who WILL be lost.
    Agreed. Vermont seems far more concerned with separating themselves from the rest of the country than they do with enforcing laws that keep their own children safe, but what do you expect of the state that brought us Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders? Frankly, some states should be encouraged to secede, if not unceremoniously cut loose.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Yep. John Deere, Thomas Davenport and Elisha Graves Otis sure were a bunch of useless hacks.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yep. John Deere, Thomas Davenport and Elisha Graves Otis sure were a bunch of useless hacks.
    John Deere et al came from a Vermont much different than today's. I'm a native Vermonter, though many years removed from living in that State. It isn't the State I grew up in, and sure isn't the State my parents were born and raised in.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    You forgot Ethan Allen. The operative word is "were." Vermont used to be a state that embodied the commitment to liberty. Now, it's just a bunch of expat Bostonians and New Yorkers who bought into the rustic charm but have turned the place into just another bastion of leftist idiocy. It's a big step down from John Deere to Ben and Jerry.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You forgot Ethan Allen. The operative word is "were." Vermont used to be a state that embodied the commitment to liberty. Now, it's just a bunch of expat Bostonians and New Yorkers who bought into the rustic charm but have turned the place into just another bastion of leftist idiocy. It's a big step down from John Deere to Ben and Jerry.
    They've done the same to New Hampshire and Maine. Massholes and NYers, according to friends and relatives still living in Vermont, are a blight, an infestation that you live with and hope it runs its course and goes away some day.

Sadly, we've got the same thing with Californians and Northeasterners coming into New Mexico. They move here and immediately want to turn things into what they left. Fortunately (maybe), they're confined to city living - Santa Fe and Albuquerque - at the present. When they've completely ruined those towns, I expect they'll begin spreading out to try and destroy the rest of the State.

*edit* I have a maternal ancestor, Gideon Warren, who was a Green Mountain Boy. Don't know if he was with Ethan Allen at Fort Ticonderoga. My maternal roots go back to the original settlers of Vermont. Somehow, I can't see myself ever living there now.
    Last edited by Chuck58; 07-09-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    They've done the same to New Hampshire and Maine. Massholes and NYers, according to friends and relatives still living in Vermont, are a blight, an infestation that you live with and hope it runs its course and goes away some day.

Sadly, we've got the same thing with Californians and Northeasterners coming into New Mexico. They move here and immediately want to turn things into what they left. Fortunately (maybe), they're confined to city living - Santa Fe and Albuquerque - at the present. When they've completely ruined those towns, I expect they'll begin spreading out to try and destroy the rest of the State.
    Unfortunately the infestation gets worse, not better. The other problem is they congregate in towns and cities and maximize their voting power. That is why entire States vote for the DIM Libiots. That is why DIMS can win a numerically lower State count and win electoral votes. The country dowsn't want Liberal B.S. despite what the Media shoves down our throats.:mad:

Just more proof of Liberals crapping in their own mess kits.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Chuck58;17726 They move here and immediately want to turn things into what they left. [/QUOTE]

That's exactly what all the friggin Yankees are doing here in Florida.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Florida is being invaded on two fronts. We were down there a couple of years ago, to St. Augustine and to visit friends in the panhandle area. Cubans and other similar types swarming up from the south and a lot of the rest of the State seemed to be full of retired people with NY and NJ accents. Our friends said it was a tossup. Should they learn Spanish, learn to speak Yankee or move to Alabama?