Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Or (trying to stick to the thread topic) possibly even gay. Should it be illegal? :)
    If so, should we execute the driver just like the good old days? :D

No. Here's why I'm in such a good mood, in case you missed it:

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=14297
    Must be nice to have that kind of luck. I'm happy for you, though.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

We agree on pedophilia and bestiality. For me, it's because of the inability to consent, hence it is predatory on the instigator's part. Serious question - I'm in a more conversational mood today than a confrontational one - do you think there is any possibility that making homosexuality illegal, and your supposition that it would stop illegal behavior, is achievable?
    I don't care about stopping it, because that would be like saying that you're going to stop the sun from rising.. There will always be deficient people in this world, and we can't stop that. What I would advocate is making teaching our children that it is perfectly natural and fine illegal, making shows on other than movie channels that depict it illegal, basically acting like we have morals that anything you want to do is NOT okay. Choices no longer seem to have consequences unless it's the choice to try to hold onto your morals and teach your family the morals and ethical standards you were raised with by God fearing parents who were much more pure than those judging us today.

I don't wish homosexuals ill or advocate proactive offense or violence toward them. I'm all about live and let live because we will all atone for our lives lived the way we lived them, but get it out of my face, get it out of my living room, and get it out of our schools. That's all I ask. Let me be me, and I'll let you be you, but just as I won't force my sexuality on you, don't you homosexuals force me to deal with your lifestyle and trials and tribulations.

Regarding the hanging blacks from trees comment by you earlier, that was another cheap shot.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Private behaviour between consenting adults, however, is none of the government's business..
    Of course it's not. But homosexuals continue to bring their lifestyle to the government in an attempt to have the government sanction it and legislate its, "normalcy." It's not the government that got involved in the lives of the homosexuals-it's the homosexuals who lobby the government and hold demonstrations and insist on marching in parades where families will be forced to acknowledge them, etc.

I, along with most, I'd assume, don't care one bit about, "Private behavior," but it's increasingly becoming not-so-private. And that is what I have a problem with. It's to the point where you alomst can't turn on the news without seeing homosexuals complaining about something. Even in California where THE PEOPLE VOTED-followed the letter of the law of the land we live in, and homosexuals got all uppity and challenged the legislation. This just proves that they have no shame. The people around them don't consent to them getting married, but they don't care!! This is the disrespect shown toward straight people that the homosexuals claim we're showing toward them.

How many times have you heard someone say something to the effect of, "I'll leave the decision up to you, and no matter whether I agree with your decision or not, I'll respect your opinion." Well, homosexuals don't exhibit this rational behavior-they can't just accept civil unions and equal rights under the law. We give an inch, but they want a mile.
    Last edited by stsinner; 05-15-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Of course it's not. But homosexuals continue to bring their lifestyle to the government in an attempt to have the government sanction it and legislate its, "normalcy." It's not the government that got involved in the lives of the homosexuals-it's the homosexuals who lobby the government and hold demonstrations and insist on marching in parades where families will be forced to acknowledge them, etc.

I, along with most, I'd assume, don't care one bit about, "Private behavior," but it's increasingly becoming not-so-private. And that is what I have a problem with. It's to the point where you alomst can't turn on the news without seeing homosexuals complaining about something. Even in California where THE PEOPLE VOTED-followed the letter of the law of the land we live in, and homosexuals got all uppity and challenged the legislation. This just proves that they have no shame. The people around them don't consent to them getting married, but they don't care!! This is the disrespect shown toward straight people that the homosexuals claim we're showing toward them.

How many times have you heard someone say something to the effect of, "I'll leave the decision up to you, and no matter whether I agree with your decision or not, I'll respect your opinion." Well, homosexuals don't exhibit this rational behavior-they can't just accept civil unions and equal rights under the law. We give an inch, but they want a mile.
    The government should alway be "value neutral" in private behaviour between consenting adults that does not impact others. Currently it is not in its recognition of opposite-sex marriage and the benefits it bestows upon those.

Homosexuals simply want the same rights and responsibilities accorded to opposite-sex married couples in this country. As to "giving an inch," that's a bit of a laugh. Same-sex marriages and/or domestic partnerships are only recognized in a handful of locales and not by the federal government at all.

The government should alway be "value neutral" in private behaviour between consenting adults that does not impact others. Currently it is not in its recognition of opposite-sex marriage and the benefits it bestows upon those.

Homosexuals simply want the same rights and responsibilities accorded to opposite-sex married couples in this country. As to "giving an inch," that's a bit of a laugh. Same-sex marriages and/or domestic partnerships are only recognized in a handful of locales and not by the federal government at all.
    Civil unions and equal rights under the law should be enough. No need to call it marriage, which has always had a religious connotation.

Power CUer
    It's to the point where you alomst can't turn on the news without seeing homosexuals complaining about something.
    That's what people said in the 1960's with the lunch counter sit ins and the firehoses in the streets. I believe the word "uppity" was used back then, too. I know you will counter with your old "people can't help being born black, that's different", so I'll point out that what I'm using here is an analogy. Any group testing the limits on "rights" is more obvious and overt in the beginning, when their claims seem more unusual.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Civil unions and equal rights under the law should be enough. No need to call it marriage, which has always had a religious connotation.
    Well, if they had that in any but a very few places, perhaps they might be. Or is that a slippery slope?

That's what people said in the 1960's with the lunch counter sit ins and the firehoses in the streets. I believe the word "uppity" was used back then, too. I know you will counter with your old "people can't help being born black, that's different", so I'll point out that what I'm using here is an analogy. Any group testing the limits on "rights" is more obvious and overt in the beginning, when their claims seem more unusual.
    Linda, whether we want to admit it or not, religion shapes many peoples' feelings toward homosexuals. My religion, for instance, tells me that it's wrong.

Everyone belongs to a religion, whether it's Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, or even atheist or agnostic, and those religions give you guidelines by which to live your life. The government has no right, in a country that was founded on religious tolerance, telling me that what my religions says about homosexuality is wrong or even illegal. This is a topic that has no business in the legislative confines of the government and should be dealt with on a personal level, not legislated by government.. Skin color is a whole separate issue, and that doesn't not cut down religious lines. Abhorrent behavior that is viewed by many as a choice does, and no amount of legislation will ever force me to say to a homosexual that I agree with their lifestyle and think it's just another type of normal. I will be civil to them, but I will never condone their lifestyle.

comparing the civil rights movements of blacks and women to homosexuals is not even a valid argument.

Banned
    Well, if they had that in any but a very few places, perhaps they might be. Or is that a slippery slope?
    They dont want civil unions or Marriage, what they really want is for normal straight people to accept their perversions as if it was "normal " Thats what this is all about.