1. #1 Dems: CIA briefers may have broken law 
    Scummy libs to take on the CIA!

Lets see how long they have pelosiums back!

Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that CIA officers broke the law in 2002 if they told Nancy Pelosi then that they had not yet engaged in waterboarding. Photo: Reuters

Democrats on the House intelligence committee said Thursday that CIA officers broke the law in 2002 if they told Nancy Pelosi then that they had not yet engaged in waterboarding.

"If they make a false report, absolutely it's illegal," said Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. "If they fail to make a report when they're obligated to that is also illegal — a violation of the National Security Act."

Said CIA Spokesman George Little: “It is not the policy of the CIA to mislead the United States Congress.”

Schiff said that the "question of recourse [against the CIA] has come up actually a number of times — not just in this context." But he said it's "very difficult because for one thing you can't publicly disclose the information and to actually bring perjury charges or bring an action under the National Security Act without making it public is probably not possible."

The act provides little in the way of recourse, but the committee is seriously looking at revising the law so that there are ramifications for failing to brief Congress on critical intelligence matters, aides said.

At a press briefing Thursday, Pelosi denied that the CIA told her in Sept. 2002 that the United States had waterboarded al Qaeda operative Abu Zubaydah.

Pelosi was the ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee at the time of the 2002 briefing. The current chairman, Silvestre Reyes (D-Texas), acknowledged Thursday that the "committee does not keep any records" about briefings that leaders of the committee and Congress receive

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    These dummy Democraps are going to piss off the CIA and they are going to get more than they bargained for.

Banned
    Its funny how fast they are throwing bodies under the bus. :D

"The current chairman, Silvestre Reyes (D-Texas), acknowledged Thursday that the "committee does not keep any records" about briefings that leaders of the committee and Congress receive."

I find this very hard to believe. The committee might not keep records (because like most parts of the Government Leviathan, this committee doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground) but I'll wager dollars to donuts that the CIA keeps records on the briefings.

Maybe I'm feeling a bit of Schadenfreude today, but I hope the CIA blows Stretch out of the water on this one. Is it evil to feel happy that this Yenta is getting her comeuppance? :o
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I'm betting they kept recordings. Hey, this IS the CIA. The DEMs must be morons to chase that tiger

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    I'm betting they kept recordings. Hey, this IS the CIA. The DEMs must be morons to chase that tiger
    Its gonna make great TV! The dem libs will always go too far and step on thier own tail!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

why on gods green earth would anyone want to piss off the agency whose very nature makes 'black bag' disapperences possible? I know when I joke with my buddies and say something offcolor about the government or a government agency that we all scan the skys for black helecopters...why would anyone seriously go public bashing the very people who run these helecopters??? Its a metaphorical joke but i hope my point gets across.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post
    why on gods green earth would anyone want to piss off the agency whose very nature makes 'black bag' disapperences possible? I know when I joke with my buddies and say something offcolor about the government or a government agency that we all scan the skys for black helecopters...why would anyone seriously go public bashing the very people who run these helecopters??? Its a metaphorical joke but i hope my point gets across.
    They have been injecting the botox a little to deep me thinks.