Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wandering Wednesday 
    It's bright and clear today but a cold front will move in tonight and cool things down a little. That's good because I have several projects I want to get done before the 4th of July party. Speaking of which:

TOTD: What are your plans for the Fourth? I'm throwing a big BBQ. Also, I'll have the usual Battle of the Bands against the hippies. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I just realized yesterday that I hadn't made plans yet. I better get started.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    TOTD: What are your plans for the Fourth? I'm throwing a big BBQ. Also, I'll have the usual Battle of the Bands against the hippies. :D
    Icing and delivering six dozen cupcakes for a post-parade party at our neighborhood pool.

Possibly making some good pulled pork barbecue out of a pork shoulder that's taking up about half of my downstairs freezer space. Depends on if neighbors are available to help eat it.

Patent Member
    Nice weather today, high 70s, but very comfortable.

TOTD: No idea. I think we're going to see the fireworks downtown on the 3rd, then in one of the 'burbs on the 4th.

Hopefully I can talk the wife into making ribs again. I'll post the recipe too, if I remember.

Beautiful weather here today.

TOTD Doing nothing, no plans whatsoever. We're just looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

Mid-70’s here - very little wind - zero surf. 250,000 folks coming into town Friday, for the parade and the annual idiocy. Every reserve police officer in the county is on call for the anticipated head-cracking-fest shortly after dark.

TOTD: Leaving for the island tomorrow evening.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Hot and sunny here today. Rather gorgeous really.(On Edit. Of course that was less than an hour ago and now we have a severe thunderstorm with hail shaking the house right now. Geez! lol!) I am spending the day learning about how a disaster gets transitioned back to the local level after the crisis period passes. This mainly consists of people yelling at me over the phone as near as I can figure. :D I exagerate of course. But there are a lot of details working out the small stuff that need to be firmed.

Part of the joy of being a Liaison is that your position is that of the tube connecting two funnels... The guy who mentored me called it the Double Ended Excrement Funnel. You catch the shit going both ways in it's most concentrated spot. ;)

I have mentioned it before, but I am so damn proud of the way my state handled the flooding here. Spec ifically the individual families who lost everything to the flood waters. Also the communities that poured forth the amazing levels of support and material goods. There are some remarkably tough and self reliant individuals here in the midwest.

TOTD

Scorching meat on the grill, boiling corn on the cob and watching pretty explosions. We might get all liquored up and shoot our guns in the air at midnight. :p
    Last edited by asdf2231; 07-02-2008 at 12:02 PM.

TOTD:
    I'll do some work around the house since I'll have the day off from my job, my dad will probably grill up some steaks, and I'll go to see the fireworks display downtown, maybe even buy a small pack of them myself.

TOTD: Leaving thursday afternoon with 2 other couples to Treasure Island, 3 days of beach, drinks and oysters and other assorted sea food goodies. Will be watching fireworks fom the beach!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

TOTD: I'm probably going to go over to my sister's house and watch movies on Friday. They just got an HD big-screen TV and they want to show it off.

Saturday is Bad Drivers School and then in the evening is our family Wii Bowling Tournament. I've come in first place for both May and June. I must keep my record going.

Sunday is an early morning hike, maybe church, and resting. Maybe more movies? My Netflix arrived today: Jurassic Park, Untraceable, and National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion