Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's only natural. As the government continues to grow, the number of people supporting further growth is only going to increase.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    It's only natural. As the government continues to grow, the number of people supporting further growth is only going to increase.
    That may be true subconsciously. However, probably a more simple explanation would be the growing number of primarily catholic hispanics in this country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Sorry, us in the center don't think either Bush or Obama stole the election. However, it was not simply in response to the election results that "You lost. Get over it." became the mantra of the right; rather it was always the argument of last resort against those who opposed any of Georgie's policies.
    Sorry cept for taxe issues I really dont see much "center" in your views. Just because you call it center dont make it so.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    52 percent aint a decisive margin sweet cheeks.
    Sure it is. No one challenged the election results, which is more than we can say for some previous years.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Sorry cept for taxe issues I really dont see much "center" in your views. Just because you call it center dont make it so.
    Sorry, I fully supported Georgie's invasion of Iraq, although I thought he and Rummy bumbled the occupation horribly (if the Surge was so brilliant, why did Bush resist it for 3 years?). Further, you don't think many, many centrists are pro-choice? Finally, my positions on individual privacy, gay rights, and legalization of "victimless crimes," derive from my very conservative position (libertarian, actually, but one conservatives pretend to believe in) of limiting the power of government (any government, federal, local, state).
    Last edited by Water Closet; 05-15-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Sure it is. No one challenged the election results, which is more than we can say for some previous years.
    Well, not exactly. Don't forget the Philadelphia Troofer, Philip Berg and his crazy ilk.

Power CUer
    Well, okay. There were some marginal types out there. My point was that "decisive" does not, and does not have to, equal "landslide".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It always depends on how the question is raised. There are a lot of people who will say yes if they are asked if they are pro-life, but respond yes also when asked if abortion should be legalized.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It always depends on how the question is raised. There are a lot of people who will say yes if they are asked if they are pro-life, but respond yes also when asked if abortion should be legalized.
    The article delves into that. It's interesting. Fewer people now want completely unrestricted access to abortion. That is a significant change.

Lars, I hate to bring this up in response to your post. It's not a personal shot.

There is no left and right in this country anymore. THEY'RE ALL LEFT OF CENTER. The populace has become so focused on Democrat=Left / Republican=Right that the big picture has been forgotten. The founding fathers would call ALL OF US LEFTISTS. They wouldn't believe that we have put up with the expansion of government that has taken place since the Revolutionary War withuot revolting again.

Left (Liberals) __________________________________________________ ___Right (Conservatives)

But in reality, it's more like this.....

Total Gov_____4_______3______________________________________________2___1__No Gov

1. Articles of Confederation 1777 (too close to anarchy, didn't work)

2. U.S. Constitution 1787 (just enough control to keep people in line)

3. Today's Republican Party

4. Today's Democratic Party
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad