1. #1 "0"bama speech at ASU 
    Anyone read the speech yet? Well he didn't disappoint! Anti America, anti capitalism, who woulda thought.
    Read the drivel here

Just an tease.

snip....
    It should be clear by now the category into which all of you fall. For we gather here tonight in times of extraordinary difficulty, for the nation and the world. The economy remains in the midst of a historic recession, the result, in part, of greed and irresponsibility that rippled out from Wall Street and Washington, as we spent beyond our means and failed to make hard choices. We are engaged in two wars and a struggle against terrorism. The threats of climate change, nuclear proliferation, and pandemic defy national boundaries and easy solutions.

snip....

In the face of these challenges, it may be tempting to fall back on the formulas for success that have dominated these recent years. Many of you have been taught to chase after the usual brass rings: being on this "who's who" list or that top 100 list; how much money you make and how big your corner office is; whether you have a fancy enough title or a nice enough car.

You can take that road - and it may work for some of you. But at this difficult time, let me suggest that such an approach won't get you where you want to go; that in fact, the elevation of appearance over substance, celebrity over character, short-term gain over lasting achievement is precisely what your generation needs to help end.
    snip...

We've become accustomed to the title of "military super-power," forgetting the qualities that earned us that title - not just a build-up of arms, or accumulation of victories, but the Marshall Plan, the Peace Corps, our commitment to working with other nations to pursue the ideals of opportunity, equality and freedom that have made us who we are.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I don't see anything anti-american in this speech. But of course, I'm a liberal, so I wouldn't. I was looking at it, trying to see what there is to object to from a conservative viewpoint and I just don't see it. I see a speech honoring the historical ingenuity of americans, honoring our past leaders, and saying (in more words than I use) that there is more to life than just the surface image of success.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't see anything anti-american in this speech. But of course, I'm a liberal, so I wouldn't. I was looking at it, trying to see what there is to object to from a conservative viewpoint and I just don't see it. I see a speech honoring the historical ingenuity of americans, honoring our past leaders, and saying (in more words than I use) that there is more to life than just the surface image of success.
    I don't see it as anti-American; I see it as anti-capitalism. In other words, don't go after the brass ring. Why not. There is nothing wrong with becoming rich unless you are a liberal. That message was loud and clear and sounded like class warfare to me. A comparison of successful people to a crook like Bernie Madoff is really a low class scum bag blow by the O.

Rather than presenting a picture of "let's make it a beautiful world", at this point and time this country needs people that will go out bust their balls at work, start business, make products, prosper and all the other things that he exclaims will fall into to place. His speech sounds like a recipe for more government control rather than the above mentioned.

Also, he did not lay a finger on the Congress for the financial mess. If he is going to point fingers, do it to members of his own party which he is too chicken shit to do.

Banned
    It must be hard for the far-right to criticize or find fault with a speech that essentially starts out agreeing with them:

In all seriousness, I come here not to dispute the suggestion that I haven't yet achieved enough in my life. I come to embrace it; to heartily concur; to affirm that one's title, even a title like President, says very little about how well one's life has been led - and that no matter how much you've done, or how successful you've been, there's always more to do, more to learn, more to achieve.

And I want to say to you today, graduates, that despite having achieved a remarkable milestone, one that you and your families are rightfully proud of, you too cannot rest on your laurels. Your body of work is yet to come.
    Wow, filling those poor graduates heads with all that positive work-ethic nonsense. How dare he!

As a rule, I think the most outstanding graduation speeches are those that run under 12 minutes. Funny opening joke. 2 inspirational anecdotes, then bring her home!!

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    It must be hard for the far-right to criticize or find fault with a speech that essentially starts out agreeing with them:

Wow, filling those poor graduates heads with all that positive work-ethic nonsense. How dare he!

As a rule, I think the most outstanding graduation speeches are those that run under 12 minutes. Funny opening joke. 2 inspirational anecdotes, then bring her home!!
    Gimme a break! Here is a real commencement address! :D

From the TalkMaster!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Gimme a break! Here is a real commencement address! :D

From the TalkMaster!
    Before I check it out, tell me, is it under 12 minutes? I got to set standards.;)

Edit:

No, this speech has never been delivered at a college or a university. It was written to protest the fact that such an invitation has never been offered
    No, you give me a break.

Before I check it out, tell me, is it under 12 minutes? I got to set standards.;)

Edit:

No, you give me a break.
    Bwaahahahahah! I hope your ears burn! All the widdle college kids would leave crying! :D

Banned

It starts out ok; it's the rest of it that is all f. up per my previous post. #3.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It starts out ok; it's the rest of it that is all f. up per my previous post. #3.
    Thats why I snipped it, he leads with rhetoic, then tells it like he wants it and the gullible new minds buy it. I'd rather they listened to Boortz, at least he readies them for the real world, not the fantasy of 0bama!