Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You know, every morning I wake up and think to myself: If only the US were a little more like Mexico. That'd really solve all of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    This list of laws would probably make it possible to remove thousands of current regulations, thereby creating an overall decrease in both regulations AND illegal immigrants...both causes near and dear to the conservative heart.
    It's funny how often Republicans claim their big government is going to make the government smaller. Oh well, maybe someday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    You know, every morning I wake up and think to myself: If only the US were a little more like Mexico. That'd really solve all of our problems.

It's funny how often Republicans claim their big government is going to make the government smaller. Oh well, maybe someday.
    You could always pack your bags and go there. Just think, they would not let you vote even if you wanted to. That would be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You could always pack your bags and go there. Just think, they would not let you vote even if you wanted to. That would be right up your alley.
    Does it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Those are Texas Laws concerning Oklahoma immigrants :D
    If only the States surrounding the Marxist State of Taxachussettes had built a fence. The Massholes wouldn't have exported their Tax happy virus to the rest of New England. :mad:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    This list of laws would probably make it possible to remove thousands of current regulations, thereby creating an overall decrease in both regulations AND illegal immigrants...both causes near and dear to the conservative heart.
    You are kidding, right? Legislators are in the business of making laws. They will never, ever get rid of a large number of them.

Please come into the real world.

Banned
    Originally Posted by lacarnut
    Does it hurt?
    Irony is a difficult concept for some. :D

There's nothing burdensome about requiring that the business of country be conducted in one common language. It would instantly eliminate thousands of full and part time jobs for free lance translators and I'm okay with that part.

Banned
    Does it hurt?
    Does your stupidity hurt?

It's so much better to wake up and think, "The US is now a little more like Europe."

It's funny how many people think "the government" is getting smaller when only the military is affected. Then those same people whine endlessly when Reserves and National Guard must be used instead of regular military...and whine even more over the expense required to rebuild and resupply our military. Now, if those whiners could be convinced to vote for politicians that would actually cut pork and our largest expense column - social spending ... I know, I'm dreaming. Reduce the amount of waste, cut spending on the Dim plantation, give single moms an education and a babysitter instead of years and years of welfare...never gonna happen. (Oh, and it's all the Republican's fault, don't you know.)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    You are kidding, right? Legislators are in the business of making laws. They will never, ever get rid of a large number of them.

Please come into the real world.
    In the real world, new laws often supercede old ones.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.