1. #1 Repubs start attacks against Dem voters 
    eridani Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jul-03-08 05:48 AM
    Original message
    Repubs start attacks against Dem voters Updated at 9:18 AM

Advertisements [?]
    Let DNC and Obama know that we need to start dealing with this now!

http://www.truthout.org/article/republican-campaign-aga...

Across the country and on the Republican National Committee website, a handful of GOP office holders and party officers are trying to discredit recent voter registration drives and record-setting turnout by Democrats in 2008 primaries, saying efforts seen as benefiting Democrats are rife with "voter fraud."

Consider the following examples:

* The Louisiana Republican Party last month attacked Democrats for a "phony" registration drive because as many as 30 percent of applications were missing information - an industry norm - and called for an investigation. Louisiana Secretary of State Jay Dardenne, a Republican, launched that investigation; however, his office has since declined to comment.

* This past Sunday, Alabama Attorney General Troy King, a Republican, appeared on Fox News to complain that voter "fraud and systemic corruption" were rampant in a handful of mostly Democratic-majority counties. He said absentee ballots were being sold for $40 or traded for driveway gravel, but he did not announce any prosecutions.

* In Indiana, after that state's presidential primary, the East Chicago Republican Party chairman claimed that record turnout by Democratic voters included people from nearby Illinois, a charge that the local county election director rejected as unfounded.

* Most notably, the Republican National Committee has a page on its website titled ""You Can't Make This Up!" It features an interactive map on which states are linked to a list of "voter fraud" stories. The reports are a grab bag of almost anything nefarious concerning the voting process or elections, including allegations that may never be prosecuted or tried in court.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3558293

Can someone tell me how this is attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3558293

Can someone tell me how this is attacking?
    I don't think I can tell you how that is attackong...nope, not sure I can.

But if you sign up at the DUmp and ask that question, I think they will be able to come up with something for you.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

Patent Member
    The reports are a grab bag of almost anything nefarious concerning the voting process or elections, including allegations that may never be prosecuted or tried in court
    Sounds like the DUmp after 2000 and 2004.