Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Better domp the sandals and put on your running shoes!
    Running shoes are on as is my bicycle helmet. Somehow, I don't think the helmet will help. Shannon has powers....:eek:
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Im working in Sarasota right now & guess what it's doing outside?

    Bastid!!! It's YOUR fault!!!:mad: :D

    I just got back from getting my hair cut so it can be rained on...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,417
    Grrrrrrrr... :mad::D

    Issued by The National Weather Service
    Tampa Bay/Ruskin, FL
    7:06 pm EDT, Tue., May. 19, 2009
    ... WIDESPREAD RAINS AND GUSTY NORTHEAST WINDS EXPECTED THROUGH WEDNESDAY...
    AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OFF THE SOUTHWEST FLORIDA COAST WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY THE REST OF TONIGHT... THEN BEGIN TO DRIFT SLOWLY WEST NORTHWEST OVER THE GULF WATERS DURING WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. ABUNDANT MOISTURE WRAPPING AROUND THIS AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT WIDESPREAD AREAS OF RAIN... SOME LOCALLY HEAVY OVER WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA THROUGH THURSDAY. IN ADDITION A TIGHT PRESSURE GRADIENT BETWEEN HIGH PRESSURE TO THE NORTH OF THE STATE AND THE LOW TO THE SOUTH WILL MAKE FOR BREEZY CONDITIONS WITH NORTHEAST WINDS IN THE 10 TO 20 MPH RANGE OVER THE LAND AREAS AND WINDY WITH ROUGH SEA CONDITIONS OVER THE ADJACENT GULF WATERS THROUGH THE PERIOD.
    AS THE LOW PRESSURE AREA SLOWLY MOVES TO THE WEST ON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY BANDS OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL BECOME MORE NUMEROUS OVER ALL OF WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA. WITHIN THESE BANDS SOME LOCALLY HEAVY RAINS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES WITH SOME LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE REGION... .WHICH MAY CAUSE SOME MINOR FLOODING OF LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREA... AS WELL AS THE PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS. MOTORISTS TRAVELING TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY SHOULD REMAIN ALERT FOR REDUCED VISIBILITIES FROM HEAVY RAIN AND SHOULD SLOW DOWN AND KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE BETWEEN VEHICLES.
    IN ADDITION MARINERS OPERATING ON THE ADJACENT GULF WATERS AND INLAND WATERWAYS CAN EXPECT NORTHEAST WINDS IN THE 20 TO 30 KNOT RANGE WITH GUSTS UP TO GALE FORCE OFFSHORE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY ALONG WITH SEAS UP TO 11 FEET WELL OFFSHORE... WHICH WILL RESULT IN VERY DANGEROUS BOATING CONDITIONS. FISHERMEN AND OTHER SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS MAY WANT TO POSTPONE TRIPS INTO THE GULF UNTIL CONDITIONS IMPROVE.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,417
    Well it may be a tad rainy but the pool is heated to 90 and that
    is a good thingy!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well it may be a tad rainy but the pool is heated to 90 and that
    is a good thingy!!! :D
    Yep but a day at the beach is even better. You'll have fun on your vacation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Yep but a day at the beach is even better. You'll have fun on your vacation.
    We finally got a sunny day, the first since Wednesday. It's been almost constant rain. Today we went to Lido Beach and spent a little time at St Armond Circle, lots of little shops. We went to the Wyland Gallery and got a cup of ice cream at the little store next to the gallery. It was nice to do at least a couple touristy things. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    We finally got a sunny day, the first since Wednesday. It's been almost constant rain. Today we went to Lido Beach and spent a little time at St Armond Circle, lots of little shops. We went to the Wyland Gallery and got a cup of ice cream at the little store next to the gallery. It was nice to do at least a couple touristy things. :)
    Call your boss up and tell him/her that you need a couple of extra days off because of extenuating circumstances beyond your control. I did that once when I went on vacation to Pensacola, FL and was told to go for it.:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,417
    Yep, Saturday and today were nice and sunny! We went to Lido beach yesterday for a while, I have a few pics I'll upload later.

    Big T-Storms were brewing when we left SRQ and it was raining pretty good in Atlanta when we pulled in tonight. We were a little late leaving the gate but then got stuck in a 17 plane wait line as the weather was slowing the takeoffs.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Call your boss up and tell him/her that you need a couple of extra days off because of extenuating circumstances beyond your control. I did that once when I went on vacation to Pensacola, FL and was told to go for it.:)
    Had to get back for the petsitter. He's usually very booked. The dogs love him. He's so good and reasonably priced that we can't afford to lose him. He charges $25 a day, one cheese pizza a day plus a stock of regular Pepsi and stays at the house 24/7. He's a treasure.

    Can't believe, it was gorgeous weather when we left STL, apparently good while we were being constantly rained on in Florida, yet now it's raining in STL. Drat. At least the garden looks beautiful now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,423
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Had to get back for the petsitter. He's usually very booked. The dogs love him. He's so good and reasonably priced that we can't afford to lose him. He charges $25 a day, one cheese pizza a day plus a stock of regular Pepsi and stays at the house 24/7. He's a treasure.

    Can't believe, it was gorgeous weather when we left STL, apparently good while we were being constantly rained on in Florida, yet now it's raining in STL. Drat. At least the garden looks beautiful now.
    That is one heck of a deal. If I lived closer to you I would borrow him. He would have to like goats too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •