Thread: Howdy!

1. #1 Howdy! 
    Hi all!

I've spent a number of years on a forum with a group of people that I was friends with in college and have found that time and a difference in careers has changed us enough to where we're not only NOT on the same page but NOT in the same chapter on many issues. A friend of mine at work has a Conservative Underground sticker on his ride and I googled it and here I am. I'm not looking for validation so much as being able to read the opinions of those that aren't as "enlightened" as some of my former college buddies who have determined that they know everything there is to know about politics and the world, even though I've spent more time in more countries than most of them.

Essentially, I'm tired of hearing the same droning voices saying the same things about how great everything is going to suddenly be. I'm looking for a place to hang and hear the other side of things.

About me: I'm a CW2 in the Army. I fly AH-64D helicopters. Aside from that, I enjoy spending time with my wife, my dog, my friends, and my guitars. I'm told I'm one hell of a good cook and I thoroughly enjoy a well crafted beer and spending time out on the range. I have a very small, but very nice collection of firearms as well as a small "arsenal" of guitars. I look forward to the discourse and info....

-Tim
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Welcome!

Well, Tim you came to the "right" place.

We have a lot of fun here and we tolerate a range of views (believe it or not). I'm a registered Libertarian and they still let me Mod here. Of course, I'm also a fundy and a gun nut who grows organic veggies and drinks raw milk - go figure.

Welcome aboard! You might want to play around in the Lounge or some other forums before plunging into GD or not. It's up to you. Thank you for your service (but you've heard that from a bunch of lefties, I'm sure). Have fun here!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hello and welcome.

A lot of evenings someone, maybe me, will run a Jukebox thread. Listen if you like and post if you want to.

Glad you are here and thank you for the service to our country. :)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Welcome, and thank you for your service. I'm sure you'll fit right in here. Just mind your p's and q's...Linda numbers is always on the lookout for a grammar slip up! :D

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to watch my grammar but remember that I generally only have to...ahem... am expected to only write so an 8th grader can understand it. I might have to dust off the 'ol College Learnin'!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Banned
    Welcome; it's always our pleasure to have someone from the military join us. We have a bunch of gun nuts, a few guitar nuts here and I am a car nut.

Welcome from one of the guitar nuts. Being a gun nut is only a hobby :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis