Thread: If this were the Old Testament, Harry Potter would be executed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet
    If this were the Old Testament, Harry Potter would be executed
    Harry Potter is fictional. Even in Old Testament times, they didn't kill fictional people. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Harry Potter is fictional. Even in Old Testament times, they didn't kill fictional people. :D
    Well said, MrsSmith.

wouldn't it be brilliant if a kid at one of those camps could raise his hand and point that out to the director or pastor?

Banned
    Watching this again this morning on A&E as my girlfriend, coming from the abroad, is fascinated by American religious cults. Last week, I came into the show about 15 minutes late and didn't see what has to be the funniest bit. This blonde, middle-aged woman is in front of a bunch of kids and starts talking about today's lazy Christians. She goes on about how fat they get from eating too much and the fact that Muslims actually fast during Ramadan! Here's a photo of the person criticizing everyone else for being "fat and lazy"...

And who says Christians don't have a sense of humour. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    Watching this again this morning on A&E as my girlfriend, coming from the abroad, is fascinated by American religious cults. Last week, I came into the show about 15 minutes late and didn't see what has to be the funniest bit. This blonde, middle-aged woman is in front of a bunch of kids and starts talking about today's lazy Christians. She goes on about how fat they get from eating too much and the fact that Muslims actually fast during Ramadan! Here's a photo of the person criticizing everyone else for being "fat and lazy"...

And who says Christians don't have a sense of humour. :D
    Come on CW your girlfriend has her by at least twenty pounds .Them Bosnia-Herzegovina Muslem woman go by the ton on the hoof.She had to pay extra for two seats on the flight just like last time right ?

You don't really have to import Them, The Connecticut Muslim Coalition, the Pew Research Center and the Hartford Seminary estimate at least 100,000 Muslims live in Connecticut.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Come on CW your girlfriend has her by at least twenty pounds .Them Bosnia-Herzegovina Muslem woman go by the ton on the hoof.She had to pay extra for two seats on the flight just like last time right ?

You don't really have to import Them, The Connecticut Muslim Coalition, the Pew Research Center and the Hartford Seminary estimate at least 100,000 Muslims live in Connecticut.
    Megs, megs, megs. Again, you're wrong (as usual). My girlfriend is not Muslim, not from Bosnia-Herzegovina, not fat. But, given your track record, that's a good percentage for you.

However, most Bosniak women I've met were not particularly overweight, possibly due to the conditions they endured as children, possibly due to the lack of Burger King franchises. Moreover, the point of my post was not that the woman is a blimp, it's that she's a blimp criticizing all you "fat, lazy Christians." There's a word for that, hyp... Wait, I know! She's got a thyroid problem!!! Thank, Jesus!

As to the number of Muslims in CT, I'm not sure if that number, given the population of the state, is particularly high or low. I actually don't see many Muslims in Hartford (or Stamford). Hartford, otoh, has a significant Puerto Rican population.