Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You notice she didn't deny a tuba, though.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You notice she didn't deny a tuba, though.
    I played sax most of the time. I did help out on trombone sometimes since I could play one but my instrument was primarily the sax.

Now, let's stop speculating about my traumatic band experiences and get back to the widespread kookiness you find a lot of organizations. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    .... (who works for the government but slugs).
    Ahem... MarineJcksn and I would like to have a little word with you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm sure I would find a documentary about a progressive environmental camp (yes, they have them) to be horrifying. ...
    Camp counselor (a term of authority, but gender neutral and thus not offensively patriarchal) speaks: "Okay, children of all genders, to include GBLs and Ts, we are going to spend today making preliminary injunctions in arts, crafts and activism class, then we'll go to the edge of the woods and use the injunctions to protect Gaia from the predatory hikers and campers. Bring your vegan recyclable lunch bags and we'll start gathering grass for our mid-morning snack... " :eek::D
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No, we didn't have any fat kids in band when I played. How could a fat kid spend two hours of drill in 90 degree heat? Besides, the uniforms didn't go up that big.
    I'm sure that some of the kids started out fat, but like basic training, they got thinner as time went on.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    megs, I gotta tell ya'. After reading your post (or attempting to, at least), I'd be wary if I were you of warning others of the dangers of drugs or alcohol. :D
    Sprint and Drift, Sprint and Drift. Do try and keep up !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I saw Jesus Camp a while ago on cable. It's a good documentary, but it is not fair to paint all evangelicals and even all fundamentalists or pentecostals with the same brush as this one. To be honest, I thought Becky Fisher was brilliant, with a real gift for teaching children and youth. It is unfortunate she has such demented beliefs that she was conveying to them through her gift.
    Sort of like it's not fair to compare all "muzzies" with those who attacked the WTC?

Banned
    Sort of like it's not fair to compare all "muzzies" with those who attacked the WTC?
    No you are wrong most muzzies do compare to the ones that attacked us.

On edit: how many Christians do know that plowed planes in any building? or worn a bomb vest? can you name me 2 in the last half century?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    No you are wrong most muzzies do compare to the ones that attacked us.
    That simply shows you don't know very much aboiut Muslims.

On edit: how many Christians do know that plowed planes in any building? or worn a bomb vest? can you name me 2 in the last half century?
    OK, although different tactics, same results of killing numerous innocent civilians -- Protestants and Catholics in Norther Ireland. Easy, want some more?

Banned
    That simply shows you don't know very much aboiut Muslims.

OK, although different tactics, same results of killing numerous innocent civilians -- Protestants and Catholics in Norther Ireland. Easy, want some more?

Were they suicide bombers?

That was more political then religious.(in Ireland) They were fighting for their own right for self governance, while muzzies want nothing more then to convert you to their beliefs and are willing to kill to do it.

Read the Koran a bit, it kind of goes on about killing people who dont want to convert.

Banned
    Were they suicide bombers?

That was more political then religious.(in Ireland) They were fighting for their own right for self governance, while muzzies want nothing more then to convert you to their beliefs and are willing to kill to do it.

Read the Koran a bit, it kind of goes on about killing people who dont want to convert.
    No, they just planted the bombs in civilian areas then ran away. As to whether it was political or religious, we could debate that. For example, did Protestants bomb Protestants? Did Catholics bomb Catholics? However, tell that to the dead; I'm sure it will be a comfort.

I've read large chunks of the Qur'an and all of the OT. There's a lot of weirdness in both.

Banned
    No, they just planted the bombs in civilian areas then ran away. As to whether it was political or religious, we could debate that. For example, did Protestants bomb Protestants? Did Catholics bomb Catholics? However, tell that to the dead; I'm sure it will be a comfort.

I've read large chunks of the Qur'an and all of the OT. There's a lot of weirdness in both.
    Well when the NT gets weird to you,you let me know.

Until the muzzies go through a reformation like Christianity there will be tons more violence against non believers