Thread: Thursday's Rain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thursday's Rain 
    It has not stopped raining for two straight days and the weather man says to expect more today. We needed some rain but the is a bit much. There are flooded areas all over the city and the weather man says today will be more of the same. Apparently the steady down pour will be replaced by severe thunderstorms some time tomorrow and last most of the weekend. One the bright side there will be some periods of dryness.

TOTD: What sport do you just loathe. To say all of them is not a good answer because there is always one that just rises to the top (or sinks to the bottom depending on your prospective). For me its curling. This has got to be one of the most lame events every created by man. It doesn't even look interesting to the contestants. I saw if for the first time about 10 years a go and I really thought that I was watching a SNL skit or something. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that this was serious. I was pretty certain at that point that the end of the world was soon at hand...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    There had better not be any rain in the lovely Midwest. Supposed to be in the 70's for the foreseeable future, so if we can miss the rain, golfing will be plentiful.

TOTD: I have never been able to stand soccer. I loathe the fact that people have been saying since I was a kid, "it is the most popular sport in the world, it's great!" Fine, it is completely boring. As George Carlin has said, it's like watching flies f***. I played it for several years as a kid, and couldn't believe how stupid the game is. I kept asking my dad, "when does baseball or football season start, because soccer sucks."

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    TOTD: What sport do you just loathe. To say all of them is not a good answer because there is always one that just rises to the top (or sinks to the bottom depending on your prospective).
    "All of them" was in fact going to be my answer, and I still think it's a darn good one. Since that has been excluded, I guess the most narcoleptic one for a viewer would be golf.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I guess the most narcoleptic one for a viewer would be golf.
    You are dead to me.

:D

It's cool today and we'll get some rain which is fine since I just transplanted my eggplants. The drizzle will give them a reprieve from transplant shock. The rest of the weekend and holiday look to be very nice in the low 70s.

TOTED: I've got to agree with Ralph that is soccer is a completely lame game no matter what sex is playing. Distance running is also on the list for complete stupidity. When Pheidippides ran all that way to announce the defeat of the Persians, it was a heroic gesture. When my neighbor bores my socks off about chafed nipples for charity, it's just stupid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You are dead to me.
    I'm that way after a Sunday afternoon of Tiger and Phil and Vijay et al. anyway.

:D[/QUOTE]
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fixin to rain again! We have been getting soaked! Musch needed but not for 5 days straight, just an hour a day in the afternoons like the good old days would be fine! :D

TOTD: I concur with soccer being the worst by far but it is a cure for insomnia!

Golf rules, after 2 years I broke 100 last sat. with a 97! Tiger, watch out!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Beautiful sunshine 70's perfect day!

From a spectators point of view several come to mind. How about auto racing? Traffic going fast in an endless circle on the tv. That will put you to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Beautiful sunshine 70's perfect day!

From a spectators point of view several come to mind. How about auto racing? Traffic going fast in an endless circle on the tv. That will put you to sleep!

:eek:

Commie! :D

Nascar rules! The gracefull art of cars careening into the wall and ballet like flipping end over end, priceless!
    Plus its a betting sport, I like when I have the winning car in our pub betting pools! Go Kyle, Jimmie, Dale I got #8 this week! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    :eek:

Commie! :D

Nascar rules! The gracefull art of cars careening into the wall and ballet like flipping end over end, priceless!
    Plus its a betting sport, I like when I have the winning car in our pub betting pools! Go Kyle, Jimmie, Dale I got #8 this week! :D
    The crashes are ok. That is what tvo is for you can condence a couple of hours of traffic into a 15 minute wreck.