Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Best Undergroundpanther Ever!!!! 
    UP has gone over the edge with the DUmmies. I think they are finally tired of having enough to step around her furballs and seldom cleaned cat box called posts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...559235#3559254

undergroundpanther (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:45 AM
    Original message
    Copyright is fraud.
    "If creativity is the field, copyright is the fence".
    John Oswald..

And to think these greedy invasive corporate parasites think they violate peoples rights by demanding IP addresses. They do these"crackdowns to get control over our lives,The CORPORATIONS that want our Identifying information and violating our right to privacy and stifling the urge to create ,express and share are doing this to keep perpetuating a fucking FRAUD!!! Via-com and others like them are criminals those who think they can own ideas and thoughts,they do nothing good for artists except to limit them to force people to see and hear what the CORPORATIONS want. CORPORATIONS are non existing paper only fantasies made up by robber barons,a fraud in of itself, The corporate person-hood is all fraud and ownership is a lie lie,property is theft..All these fucked up people pushing lies on us make possible the kinds of selfish arrogant criminals who steal and fence in humanities creativity, thoughts and art.Seeking to shake down people, destroy the constitution just to fine them ,and to find beauty lock it in a vault that no one can see or hear without forking over money.

How did this pay to exist bullshit start? WE are born here not by our choice yet born into a contract that is non negotiable. Our natural birthright has been stolen and plundered and has a price tag put on it and than it is sold back to us.This game is a fraud. WHY do we have to pay some rich asshole that could care less if we live or die,to exist asking permission to create, because we so believe the fantasy of owning property. Kill and die for fucking insane unreal LIES!!!.Where do our own thoughts and ideas come from where do es my creativity stop and yours begin? There is NOTHING new under the sun, people..? Leave creative people ALONE. Leave the NET alone.Get the greed heads OUT.They are BAD people.Poison.

Fuck the corporations they are not even real people they should in a sane world have no rights at all.But these paper fictions got more rights than most people do in this country and that shit needs to stop NOW. Get with it,all you has beens,and asshole CEO thug psychopath pigs,and insecure artists who forgot what creativity is,
    Because fact is we don't own SHIT in this world, not even our own bodies.Freedom needs no fences and excuses to control creativity,and by proxy peoples lives and minds because the Riaa failed. When corporations owned the music and decided what got airplay ,music took a fast turn to sucks-ville.

Clinging to past ideas and extorting others through them and limiting what they can create, by those who have none and have lost their inspiration is just revolting .Fuck Riaa,Fuck Via-com And FUCK COPYRIGHT.

I was approached by a publisher who liked my writing,and offered me a book deal.I considered it, I would have possibly made a decent amount but I decided not to publish in book form Why? Because I wanted my thoughts to be SHARED. (I wanted to live off the gov't teet) I value walking my talk over perpetuating the myth of property. copyright. So I put my thoughts on the web. My art.. I wanted people to read it,copy it ,distribute it,expand it,use it,share it, create different ideas with it,and enjoy it without MONEY or bullshit property theft entering into the equation..I never owned anything, nobody does once it leaves their mind in word song or art it is out there.That is reality... Once my idea is expressed,in any form it is communication and it is a gift to anyone to use.That is reality. I create and let it go. (kinda like when you eat then take a dump) I don't own my art or words anymore than I own the air I breathe. When I die I no longer control my body and all my stuff I never really possessed is no longer called mine and it goes to other people's hands..What about this fact of REALITY these fuckers don't GET!!!WTF is wrong with people that they cannot face this reality... that we own nothing? And so if we own nothing we OWE nothing to anyone.

Intellectual Property as Fraud

:
    :
    :

http://subsol.c3.hu/subsol_2/contrib...nimustext.html

Intellectual "property" does not behave like material property. If I give you a physical object I may no longer have use or control of that thing, and may ask for something in return -- some payment or barter. But when I give you an idea, I lose nothing. I can still use that idea as I wish. I need ask nothing in return.

The laws of exchange of matter being so very different from the laws of exchange of information, any attempt to trade ideas with material goods was destined for trouble sooner or later.

Not only do people hold on to ideas for material gain, they also hang on to them for psychological gain. The ego likes to be identified as the source of a particular insight or concept. But what right has the ego to attach itself to something that was never its in the first place?

:
    :

Thoughts are free. They should remain free, and be given freely.

And, following the universal law, the more we give the more we shall receive.

http://anticopyright.com /
    The DUmmies slap the kittie:

msongs (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:47 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. can I come to your house and take all your stuff? after all "the more we give..." nt

wtmusic (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:49 AM
    2. Cool. Then I can start another website called DemocraticUnderground
    and tell the big corporation behind it to piss off.

skooooo (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:49 AM
    3. Wow this is way over the top.

Copyright is not fraud. It has a place. The problem is that the laws have gone overboard in some instances in extending the right beyond what it should. That, however, does not make the idea of copyright fraud.

bryant69 (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:50 AM
    4. Why do so many artists and creators seem eager to protect their intellectual property?
    Are they just selfish assholes?

I take it you favor an abolishment of the capitalist system? I'm not sure about the art and culture produced under communism - seems like the western democracies have done a lot better in that regard.

SteelPenguin (854 posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:56 AM
    5. Current Copyright Law is Flawed
    We do need some sort of copyright law though, if only to protect the small independent writer/artist/musician.

without copyright law everything is public domain which would screw the little guy far more than the current system does.

A musician records a piece of music, maybe pays for studio time to make a good quality recording, and then puts the files online. Then a big record company downloads them, and puts them on a CD and sells it. The original artist gets nothing for this, the record company makes millions, and doesn't have to pay the artist a dime.

A writer/artist creates a character and writes a graphic novel, and puts it on the web in PDF form for all to enjoy. Disney then takes it and makes 10 straight to video cartoons, 2 major CGI cartoon movies, and thousands of marketing tie in materials, as well as brand new graphic novels that they pump out one every two weeks using anonymous artists. They make millions, if not billions, while the original creator is still working unpaid on their second novel.

Why should megacorporations profit from the hard work of the independent writer and artist and musician? This is what would happen without copyright law.

The current laws are ridiculous. They last too long, and take away too many fair uses. They need to be pulled back, but they need to exist to protect the little guy.

Wickerman (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:57 AM
    6. as long as we have a capitalistic society, or any society that exists
    on a monetary basis, then we need to have some sort of basis from which to protect those who produce a product so they might profit off of it. Not so much as to enrich the producer, (though, within the constraints of existing society, not a bad thing) but to prevent others for exploiting same.

AspieGrrl (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:57 AM
    7. Um, but what if the creative people want money for their work?
    Edited on Thu Jul-03-08 11:58 AM by AspieGrrl
    Yes, those bad, bad people. Actually wanting to get paid for doing their jobs.

I take it you'd work for free?

Yeah, people can be overzealous with copyright. That doesn't make it a bad thing.

Tangerine LaBamba (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:58 AM
    8. I'm a writer
    Do you honestly believe that I should put my work out there without protection, without proclaiming my ownership of it? Would it have more validity if anyone else could claim it as their own and I was left with nothing?

Thoughts, indeed, are free. No one can enslave your mind without your cooperation. But once those thoughts are translated into something tangible, they become property - the property of the person who did the work.

Someone has a serious misunderstanding of copyright law, of ownership, of creativity, of getting paid for your work.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill inGA View Post
    UP has gone over the edge with the DUmmies. I think they are finally tired of having enough to step around her furballs and seldom cleaned cat box called posts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...559235#3559254

The DUmmies slap the kittie:
    Wow she has gone further into madness than most at the DUmp !

"I was approached by a publisher who liked my writing,and offered me a book deal.I considered it, I would have possibly made a decent amount but I decided not to publish in book form Why? Because I wanted my thoughts to be SHARED."

If she were aproached by anyone they would have backup , a large net and a stun gun !

This is refreshing. Watching UGP's decent into madness.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    What a friggin nutjob.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by x5060 View Post
    This is refreshing. Watching UGP's decent into madness.
    UP descended into madness a LONG time ago. She does, after all, believe that she is a male panther trapped in the body of an obese female human.

We, at CU, should find all of undergroundbuttsniffincat's artwork and copyright it. That would really send her over the edge, if us evil rethuglicans made money on her artwork.

:D

She is a selfish mentally ill parasite on the rest of us. She wants to take take take, and give nothing in return. I wonder where she thinks all of the assistance that she receives comes from? It comes from the folks that are willing, and able to work. All the while she wants to begrudge those folks from profiting from their hard work. gimme gimme gimme = Underground Panther.

meh.. she is insane. A mean insane one.. I pity her more than anything.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    She is a selfish mentally ill parasite on the rest of us. She wants to take take take, and give nothing in return. I wonder where she thinks all of the assistance that she receives comes from? It comes from the folks that are willing, and able to work. All the while she wants to begrudge those folks from profiting from their hard work. gimme gimme gimme = Underground Panther.

meh.. she is insane. A mean insane one.. I pity her more than anything.
    That'll set her/him/furball off but good Jumpy!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That'll set her/him/furball off but good Jumpy!!! :D
    I wonder how we would know if the sluggish kitty was set off? :eek:

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I wonder how we would know if the sluggish kitty was set off? :eek:

Severe shedding and hotspots. :D