Thread: Rush Challenges MSNBC To 30 Days Without Rush.

1. #1 Rush Challenges MSNBC To 30 Days Without Rush. 
    Rush Limbaugh challenges MSNBC: Don’t mention me

By ANDY BARR | 5/19/09 6:30 PM EDT Text Size:

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged MSNBC on Tuesday to go 30 days without mentioning his name on television.

“Throughout the busy broadcast day, MSNBC cannot go an hour without mentioning me or playing video of me or having me discussed,” Limbaugh said. “I challenge you, MSNBC! Thirty days without anything mentioning me. No video of me, no guests commenting on me. See if you can do it.”

Limbaugh accused the cable network of trying to “build its ratings on my back” by making him a frequent subject of discussion and portraying him as a leader of the Republican Party.

“It seems that the liberalism that is MSNBC isn't selling as well as they would like because they cannot — from the Scarborough show in the morning, all the way to night, they cannot … go any appreciable length of time without showing video of me, the CPAC speech or excerpts from this radio show or having a bunch of hack guests on to discuss me,” he said, according a transcript on his website.

Limbaugh also suggested that the network may not be able to withstand a ratings plunge if mentions of him were pulled from the network.

“Let’s see if you can run your little TV network for 30 days without doing a single story on me, and then let's take a look your ratings during those 30 days and see what happens,” he said. “Because obviously MSNBC thinks they cannot get numbers without focusing on me.”

“I just want to see if they can survive on their own.”
    Now, that's entertainment!

Politico

“I just want to see if they can survive on their own.”
    Rush, we all know the answer to that one. :D