Thread: Bouncy poll

1. #1 Bouncy poll 
    BSR
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x7887957

datasuspect (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 10:52 AM
    Original message
    Poll question: who among you (or anyone you know) has ever got into a pointed/heated political altercation at a
    gas station?
    Poll result (9 votes)
    i do, all the time (3 votes, 33%) Vote
    sometimes (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    never (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    urban legend (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    internet billy badassing (4 votes, 44%) Vote
    other (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    french fry shortage (1 votes, 11%) Vote
    burrito coverins (1 votes, 11%) Vote
    asthmaticeog (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:23 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. All the time, and not just at the gas station.
    Edited on Thu Jul-03-08 11:24 AM by asthmaticeog
    At the supermarket, the discount store parking lot, really any setting involving commerce. I always get the best of my Freeper adversary, too, with a brilliant riposte, and I make a point of remembering every word said verbatim so I can post it here afteward, and collect my due praise. I'm actually surprised when I hear that people go about their daily business without constantly besting cartoonishly rabid, talking point-spouting conservative dimwits in arguments they've started because they somehow identified them as liberals.

Thanks for the laugh asthmaticeog :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ROFL, good find Johnny V. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    That's hilarious!:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

WildEyedLiberal (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-03-08 11:40 AM
    3. Just yesterday in fact
    A freeper in a rusted out jacked up pickup trick festooned with Confederate flag and GW Bush stickers and support our troops ribbons roared up to the gas station next to my modest Volvo hybrid with its Obama and MoveOn and Greenpeace stickers. Out staggered a fat redneck with his gut hanging out of his too-small Dale Earnhardt tank top and a trucker hat with a bald eagle on it, and I could see him glaring at me with hate in his piggy little eyes. I tried to ignore him but he just kept staring at me belligerently, muttering things under his breath. I distinctly heard him say something about a "gawd damn librul hippie freak," but I decided to take the high ground and went into the station to pay for my gas. I saw that he was paying $200 to fill up his gas-guzzling freepermobile and allowed myself a satisfying rush of schadenfreude as I chuckled and shook my head. Silly freeper! When I came out, he was glaring even more hatefully directly at me - he must've heard me chuckle. I finally met his gaze as I prepared to get in my car and said "do you have something you want to say to me? How's that five dollar a gallon gas treating you? Still think Bush is God?" I laughed and drove off as he sputtered in rage, screaming a litany of obscenities about librul bitches and terrorist appeasers.

True story.
    Can't be true. No mention of Birkenstocks!:D

At the supermarket, the discount store parking lot, really any setting involving commerce. I always get the best of my Freeper adversary, too, with a brilliant riposte, and I make a point of remembering every word said verbatim so I can post it here afteward, and collect my due praise. I'm actually surprised when I hear that people go about their daily business without constantly besting cartoonishly rabid, talking point-spouting conservative dimwits in arguments they've started because they somehow identified them as liberals.
    Yeah, right. All you have to do with someone like this is ask them who's president and who's the whiny loser. Game over.

Frickin' signature character limit.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

gotta be true. All us connies are fat redneck dale jr fans that pay 200 bucks fer gaaas cuz a dem damned libral queers. ptooooie. What an attention whore. I would love for one of these COWARDS to come at me with their silly little emotional attacks. I'm pretty sure I can make them throw the first punch.