Thread: Family Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Family Friday 
    Power CUer
    Well, it happened again. Someone looked at a picture of my father and me together (getting ready to go down the aisle at my wedding), and remarked on the physical resemblance between us. I always find this amusing, since I'm adopted. In that picture we have the same sort of look on our faces, though. :)

TOTD: Do you resemble your father or mother more - physical resemblance, mannerisms, other traits? Are you pleased about it?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Nice day here in Bluegrass Country -- bright, clear, and a bit warm already. Flying back to Pleasant Valley this afternoon in time for our Sunday activities.

TOTD: My mother and her side of the family most definitely. I've got that black Irish look, with blue eyes, (formerly) dark hair, and fair skin. My father's Anglo-Welsh family seems to have only contributed the nose. Of course, both sides have provided me with a stalwart liver. :D

Another clear day with plenty of sunshine.

TOTD: It's hard to tell which one I resemble. They both have hair! I guess before my hair wore out I looked more like my mother.

The sun is just joining us for the day and it's 74 outside, today will be a cool 94 degrees.

I'm working both today and Monday with no major plans for the weekend.

My mother is pretty sick with the flu and I spent most of my evening sitting in a chair near her bed, watching tv until I knew she was going to be ok. I finally got home about midnight and I'm headed back there shortly.

TOTD: When I was about six years old a new neighbor had told me how much I looked like my mother. I explained to her it was due to the fact that my mother loved me so much. The lady tried to correct me in biological terms, finding out that I already knew about all that as well, yet I still insisted the likeness was due to love. A couple minutes later I let her know I was adopted. The lady was embaraased & finally shut up.

More rain today, although a little less than the last couple of days. At least the temps are cool (mid 70s) which is practically unheard of in my area of the world in May. Temps are usually in the low 90s.

TOTD. I resemble my dad in disposition but I don't think that I look like either of my parents and no one has ever commented on it. My dad and I both have a natural curiosity about the world particularly in science and we are both pretty laid back individuals. Our main difference is he is an atheist and I am a believer.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Whew! What a busy day! I'm about ready to kick back and enjoy a frosty adult beverage. It was dreary here in the morning but the day turned out fine.

TOTD: My parents resembled each other since they were the same ethnicity and I physically resemble them and about half the population of Sweden or any far Northern European country that is westward. I feel that my looks today are both exotic (red hair/fair skinned) and engagingly All American so I'm satisfied on that account.

Temperamentally, I resemble both my grandmothers more than my parents. I'm curious, feisty, good tempered, and industrious (to offset my natural laziness). I'm satisfied on that account as well. :)

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I look like my Mom in facial features.

Body size I get from my Dad. Size 13 shoes and my hands are big enough that it's hard for me to find gloves and watchbands that fit.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Whew! What a busy day! I'm about ready to kick back and enjoy a frosty adult beverage. It was dreary here in the morning but the day turned out fine.

TOTD: My parents resembled each other since they were the same ethnicity and I physically resemble them and about half the population of Sweden or any far Northern European country that is westward. I feel that my looks today are both exotic (red hair/fair skinned) and engagingly All American so I'm satisfied on that account.

Temperamentally, I resemble both my grandmothers more than my parents. I'm curious, feisty, good tempered, and industrious (to offset my natural laziness). I'm satisfied on that account as well. :)
    So with red hair this picture would be accurate

To be honest, my siblings and I looked more like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    To be honest, my siblings and I looked more like this:

Are those the children of the corn?