Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Its a wonder more people don't praise Satan... he's an immenently more likeable character in the Bible than that God person:

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspo...christian.html
    Are you into Satan worship Wilbur ?Why do you find him so likable,he sure hates you and your kind !

And just FYI, that site is run by well credentialed, ex-ministers, ex-preachers, ex-theologians and ex-religious philosophers... many of whose writings and works make it into curriculum at seminary schools to train future apologists.
    So I guess they have the level of authoritative experience as ex-gays, ex-atheists, ex-whores, and ex-post modernists in your eyes, right? I mean, those people have a lot of web sites too. :p

A. Satan is religious.

B. Satan believes in God.

C. Satan believes in Jesus (Since salvation is based on faith alone (Protestant); then Satan has salvation). FAIL
    Satan is smarter than an atheist, for sure.

Whoever wrote this list had blown it by C. Salvation is based on the acceptance of the indwelling Holy Spirit, something a supposed "ex-Christian" "ex-minister" "ex-apologist" should understand.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    So I guess they have the level of authoritative experience as ex-gays, ex-atheists, ex-whores, and ex-post modernists in your eyes, right? I mean, those people have a lot of web sites too. :p
    There are generally no academic requirements for any of those categories.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Satan is smarter than an atheist, for sure.

Whoever wrote this list had blown it by C. Salvation is based on the acceptance of the indwelling Holy Spirit, something a supposed "ex-Christian" "ex-minister" "ex-apologist" should understand.
    That is certainly not the view of the larger body of protestants (which C was tied to, explicitly).... where salvation is couched in terms like "acceptance of Christ" or "belief in Christ as Lord", or "faith alone" (ie. the doctrine of sola fide).

Perhaps it is you who needs to brush up on your soteriology.
    Last edited by wilbur; 05-23-2009 at 12:23 AM.

That is certainly not the view of the larger body of protestants (which C was tied to, explicitly).... where salvation is couched in terms like "acceptance of Christ" or "belief in Christ as Lord", or "faith alone" (ie. the doctrine of sola fide).

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Please explain James 2:20, "...that faith without works is dead."

Answer

“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” What does this mean: "Faith without works is dead"? Does this mean that to be saved we have to do works? Well let’s find out.

Back up, verse 14. We have got to get the context. “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him?”

Now what he is saying, James, that’s why Marten Luther said that the Book of James was a right strawy [something of little value] epistle, he didn’t like it, because it kind of fouled up his doctrine of justification by faith. But that is only because he didn’t study it in deep detail to see what was really being said.

What does the Bible teach about salvation? Abraham was justified by works? Romans four, is that what it says? "Abraham was justified by what...? "Faith." Abraham was not justified by works. Romans chapter three says, "No man is justified by works. By the deeds of the law shall..." what? "No flesh be justified," none. There is no way that we can be justified. In Romans 3:28, “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.” Salvation is by faith, not by works. Galatians chapter three tells us the same thing, that you cannot be justified by works, you cannot be saved by what you do, in terms of deeds. He says, “…they that are of faith,” Galatians 3:9, “are blessed with faithful Abraham.” It’s all a matter of faith. The man that is justified, he says in verse 11, “But no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, … The just shall live by faith.” Now the Bible teaches that you are saved by faith, well you say that what in the world is James saying?

Can faith save him? James is looking at this from the stand point of evaluation. He is looking at a man who says, "I have faith!" And he is saying, all right if you have true saving faith then I ought to see some evidence of it, right? “By their fruits you shall...” what? "...know them.”

He is simply saying, if your faith is genuine then it’s going to manifest itself. “If any man be in Christ he is a new creation, old thing are passed away and behold all things become...” what? "…new.” There is going to be a manifestation. And so he says, what kind of faith have you got my friend, I don’t see any evidence?

For example, he says, “If a brother or sister be naked and destitute of daily food and one of you who claims to have saving faith says depart in peace be warm and filled.” Just what he needs. Condolence. Hope you feel better, hope you find some food. But you don’t give him the things needful to the body, what kind of faith is that? If you’re really saved it’s going to be a working kind of salvation that will bear fruit. That’s all he’s saying. So, in verse seventeen, “…so faith, if it doesn't have works, is dead, because it's alone.” So it’s a dead faith not a living faith. If “a man may say, thou hast faith, and I have works; show me your faith without your works, and I'll show you my faith by my works.” And he contrasts two kinds of faith.

One kind of faith is the faith that doesn’t have any works and it is dead faith and the other faith is the faith that produces something and its living faith. One saves and one doesn’t. That’s what he is saying, "Oh," but he says "I believe, I believe," "Yeah," he says, "The devils believe and they tremble." It’s not enough to believe unless that believing results in an act of commitment to Christ that results in a changed life that bears fruit. That’s his whole point.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/1301-E-10.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    Not all Christian sects adhere to a "works" based soteriology.... Catholicism is one of the major ones that does. Protestants don't.

Not all Christian sects adhere to a "works" based soteriology.... Catholicism is one of the major ones that does. Protestants don't.
    That was written by john MacAurther An evangelical protostant minister and you will find few who will dissagree with hiis exposition of scripture here. You asked a question I gave you an answer now give me the courtesy of reading and studying it.

The OP was not that great, but. . .I liken Satan and our attitude toward him as our attitudes towards . . .vampires. At first, we knew they were evil. They were out to take something from us, and to be destroyed. Then, they were to be "understood", then "desired" and now they fucking SPARKLE? DubyaTeeEff?

I want my Devil and my vampires to be evil again.

~QC