1. #1 "California Will Be In Full Gay Revolt If This Marrage Ban isn't OverTurned !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    California high court set to rule on gay marriage (Tuesday)

"Tell The Homo's to Move To Taxachusetts ,they like Mano Y Mano There !"

"Maybe them Homo's should just kidnap the Judges and WaterBoard them Until They get what then want !"

SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Supreme Court will rule Tuesday on the validity of a voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, a decision that will end months of speculation over whether gay couples can resume marrying in the state.

The high court announced the pending opinion on its Web site Friday morning.

Its seven justices are considering a series of lawsuits seeking to overturn Proposition 8 on the grounds that it was put on the ballot improperly. The constitutional amendment approved by voters in November overruled the court's 4-3 ruling from a year ago that briefly legalized same-sex unions.

The court also will decide whether to uphold the marriages of an estimated 18,000 gay couples who wed before Proposition 8 passed with 52 percent of the vote. The election came after a contentious $83 million campaign that made it the most expensive ballot measure on a social issue in the nation's history.

Gay rights advocates have scheduled marches throughout California and in several other states for Tuesday evening. Organizers say the gatherings will be celebratory if the court rules in their favor and angry if Proposition 8 is upheld.

Waiting for the decision "has been an absolutely gut-wrenching experience," said Molly McKay, spokeswoman for Marriage Equality USA.

"As Californians, we are all under tremendous strain worrying about the economy, our jobs and our families," McKay said. "On top of that, gay families have been living for months with the fear that the court will allow a bare majority of voters to strip gay and lesbian families of their constitutional protections and eliminate our marriages - or just as bad, eliminate new couples' ability to get married."

Several religious groups that support same-sex marriage also have encouraged their members to block the streets outside the court's San Francisco headquarters and to participate in other acts of civil disobedience if the decision is disappointing.

Frank Schubert, who managed the successful campaign to pass the initiative, said Proposition 8 supporters do not have any events arranged to accompany the decision.

"We will react to it in an appropriate fashion," Schubert said.

Same-sex couples, local governments and civil rights organizations have asked the court to throw out Proposition 8 on procedural grounds. They argued that the initiative revised the state constitution's equal protection clause to such a dramatic degree that its sponsors needed the Legislature's approval to submit it to voters.

Several justices gave that argument a skeptical reception during a March 5 hearing, and court observers have doubted the Supreme Court would abrogate California's vigorous citizen initiative process by invalidating the ban.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/1884785.html

Normally I'm not a gambling man but I'll give odds that Prop 8 is toast. I'll bet its not even a close vote. :mad:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Normally I'm not a gambling man but I'll give odds that Prop 8 is toast. I'll bet its not even a close vote. :mad:
    The Homo's are sure pumpng a ton of money into it !Just wait until the Arabs take over and hang the lot of them !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The Homo's are sure pumpng a ton of money into it !Just wait until the Arabs take over and hang the lot of them !
    Somehow that doesn't offer a lot of consolation.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

The Muslims don't like Christians much either...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned

"Tell The Homo's to Move To Taxachusetts ,they like Mano Y Mano There !"

"Maybe them Homo's should just kidnap the Judges and WaterBoard them Until They get what then want !"
    Another compasionate conservative...:p

Meggy, you're such a friggin' hypocrite. You want to protect unborn children, but you're okay with ridiculing gays back into the closet.

What a sweetheart...

You're a clever little bigot, I'll give you that.:D

Sonnabend
    What're they gonna do...hit us with their handbags?

Banned
    The California Department of Finance 2008 report is projecting a state population increase to 48 million by 2025. According to them, 50 percent of that population (24 million) will be Latino. California's Arab population is projected to be somewhere in the vicinity of 250,000 by 2025 -- well below 1 percent.