Thread: Arnies mad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Arnies mad! 
    Governor plans to completely eliminate welfare for families
    3:58 PM | May 21, 2009

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is proposing to completely eliminate the state’s welfare program for families, medical insurance for low-income children and Cal Grants cash assistance to college and university students.

The proposals to sharply scale back the assistance that California provides to its neediest residents came in testimony by the administration this afternoon at a joint legislative budget committee hearing. It followed comments by the governor earlier today that he would be withdrawing a proposal to help balance the budget with billions of dollars of borrowing and replacing it with program reductions.

The proposals would completely reshape the state’s social service network, transforming California from one of the country’s most generous states to one of the most tightfisted. The proposals are intended to help close a budget deficit estimated at $21.3 billion.

—Eric Bailey

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...dent-aid-.html

Certainly won't score him any points in the polls.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Certainly won't score him any points in the polls.
    He's just trying to make it more painful for the taxpayers to refuse to pay more taxes by holding the needy and the not so needy hostages ,If he really were to pulls this he will be up to his ass in law suits !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    He's just trying to make it more painful for the taxpayers to refuse to pay more taxes by holding the needy and the not so needy hostages ,If he really were to pulls this he will be up to his ass in law suits !
    I'm not sure what the grounds would be for law suits. There is no guarantee for the services that I can think of.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Arnie is bluffing now but in the not to distant future this may actually happen nation wide. No welfare checks no unemployment, social security, military pay. I read on drudge tonight we are about to lose our triple a credit rating that means no more barrowing money. We could have complete upheaval around the corner. I’m not joking so much about this one. It’s getting ready to come down. God help us!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm not sure what the grounds would be for law suits. There is no guarantee for the services that I can think of.
    You can sue for any reason you care to .Some court will take the case and run with it !

Banned
    You can sue for any reason you care to .Some court will take the case and run with it !
    Can you imagine how far the removal of social services will get in the 9th circuit?

Arnie--that jet that you fly back and forth to work in should be sold. Start at the top in cutting the budget rather than the bottom. That's where the real money is.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Can you imagine how far the removal of social services will get in the 9th circuit?

Arnie--that jet that you fly back and forth to work in should be sold. Start at the top in cutting the budget rather than the bottom. That's where the real money is.
    He's also announced he's cutting the salaries of Congress by 18%, starting next year.
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    He's also announced he's cutting the salaries of Congress by 18%, starting next year.
    I'm all for executions of all the congress begining tomorrow. Several every day starting with Reid and Pelosi !Bring back guillotine a leaf spring powered high tech version .

History repeats itself ."Pre-revolution

Financial crisis
    Louis XVI ascended to the throne amidst a financial crisis; the nation was nearing bankruptcy and outlays outpaced income. This was because of France’s involvement in the Seven Years War and its participation in the "first" American Revolution.

In May 1776, finance minister Turgot was dismissed, after he lost favour. The next year, Jacques Necker, a foreigner, was appointed Director-General of Finance. He was not made a minister because he was a Protestant, and could not become a naturalized French citizen.

Necker realized that the country's tax system subjected some to an unfair burden; numerous exemptions existed for the nobility and clergy. He argued that the country could not be taxed higher, that the nobles and clergy should not be exempt from taxes, and proposed that borrowing would solve the country's fiscal problems.

Necker published a report to support this claim that underestimated the deficit by roughly 36,000 livres; and proposed restricting the spending power of the parlements.

This was not received well by King's ministers and Necker, hoping to solidify his position, argued to be accepted as a minister. The King refused, Necker was fired, and Charles Alexandre de Calonne was appointed to the Directorship.

Calonne initially spent liberally, but he quickly realized the critical financial situation and put forth a new tax code. The proposal included a consistent land tax, which would include taxation of the nobility and clergy, and the meeting of the Estates was planned for May 1789; a signal that the Bourbon monarchy was no longer absolute.

Suing the state different than suing an individual. Most suits against the state get tossed out before they go anywhere unless they have merit. Remember, the state decides who can and can't sue the state.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis