View Poll Results: How do you prefer your gentlemen?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stubbly and scratchy

1 20.00%
  • Smooth and sweet

4 80.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We're talking about guys who deliberately maintain a three-day stubble look over months or years. It's fine if you are growing it out into a beard.
    Wasn't it George Michael who made that look popular in the late 80s? Clooney sports it sometimes, I think.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wasn't it George Michael who made that look popular in the late 80s? Clooney sports it sometimes, I think.
    I'm not sure but it's all over now. There's some eyeglass commercial with a guy who has huge jaws to begin with and they are covered in stubble. I'm almost physically repelled by him. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I voted for smooth and sweet. I don't have a horror of a full beard but guys have to fish or cut bait - grow it out or shave it off; one or the other. It's repulsive to cuddle up with a face full of sandpaper. Mr. Snaps is not a beard-challenged guy and in the summer he has to shave twice a day. His inconvenience prevents me from getting "beard burn".

Even visually, a stubble look isn't sexy to me, it's just neglectful.
    Ginger, something's wrong tonight. We're in total agreement again. I prefer the smooth, as my skin easily gets red from stubble.