Thread: Cybersecurity Czar

1. #1 Cybersecurity Czar 
    Obama Set to Create A Cybersecurity Czar With Broad Mandate
    Shielding Public, Private Networks Is Goal

Defense analyst Daniel Ragoza in Linthicum, Md., investigates intrusions into military and contractors' networks. (By Ellen Nakashima -- The Washington Post)
    By Ellen Nakashima
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009

President Obama is expected to announce late this week that he will create a "cyber czar," a senior White House official who will have broad authority to develop strategy to protect the nation's government-run and private computer networks, according to people who have been briefed on the plan.
    The adviser will have the most comprehensive mandate granted to such an official to date and will probably be a member of the National Security Council but will report to the national security adviser as well as the senior White House economic adviser, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deliberations are not final.

The announcement will coincide with the long-anticipated release of a 40-page report that evaluates the government's cybersecurity initiatives and policies. The report is intended to outline a "strategic vision" and the range of issues the new adviser must handle, but it will not delve into details, administration officials told reporters last month.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052502104.html

This will mean trouble down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052502104.html

This will mean trouble down the road.
    Every thing the goverment does means trouble down the road.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis