PLANTATION, Fla. Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.Gadson's grandparents told Local 10 on Thursday that Lovell was wrong for pulling the trigger."He should not have taken the law in his hands," said Rosa Jones, Gadson's grandmother.Her husband, Ivory Jones, also condemned the media for its portrayal of Lovell's actions.

"I don't condone what they did, (but) I definitely don't condone the news people making him out to seem like they're making a hero out of this man because he shot somebody down," he said.But Lovell's neighbor said he made the right decision.

"He did the right thing," said Wendi Hill. "I mean, I was glad that it was them that got shot and not him."Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

http://www.local10.com/news/13594353/detail.html#

Comments:
He was a good boy I tell ya, a good boy - They should give the ex marine a medal - Semper Fi . God bless the Marines and the 2nd amendment!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, one thing is for sure, he won't be robbing anyone else...
Thank God for Gunnery Sergeants everywhere, teaching Marines how to shoot straight! Semper Fi!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defending yourself is not taking the law into your own hands. The lady who raised this thug should be apologizing for doing a rotten job as a mother, not complaining because someone had to defend themselves against her evil spawn.
i think an editor was asleep at the computer. --Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic. Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.--- who had the conc ealed weapons permit? the marine or the robber?? anyway, the parants are saying their grandson was the victim yeahhh right cheers
He may have been a good, good boy. That grew up with out the values of living with others.

"He should not have taken the law in his hands," said Rosa Jones, Gadson's grandmother. Walk in, armed, to do a crime and it is open season sister, and no bag limit.
Pathological. I am surprised that they have not yet claimed that the thief was "lynched".
A little weak on the second target but excellent results overall.

I guess the family thinks that we (the sheep) should be acting like sheep while they (the wolves) can take what rightfully belongs to them as wolves.

In FL a firefighter was killed while his family waited for him at a fast-food restaurant by a miscreant. This incident could have turned out that way, too.

But it didn't. This one had a happy ending.

Sucks to be a perp.
Much agreed... Give the Marine a medal!
With the Supreme Court's excellent endorsement of the Second Amendment and that now exonerated Texan's 911 Shotgun call where he downed two burglars, a refreshing sense of frontier justice is reemerging in this nation. And it's long overdue.

The wrongheaded gun control advocates need to go the way of the idiot bi-lingual education advocates and the Affirmative Action lame brains. After we push all these lame-o's out the door, we can redouble our efforts against the inane global warming hotheads.
The best crime prevention weapon ever known to man is an armed community where the bad guys know the score and move on. And they of course move on to communities who insanely believe in disarming the good guys in their homes and businesses.