Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sharia law SHOULD be used in Britain, says UK's top judge 
    Patent Member
    Sharia law SHOULD be used in Britain, says UK's top judge

Explosive: The Lord Chief Justice's endorsement of Sharia law has already created huge controversy

The most senior judge in England tonight gave his blessing to the use of sharia law to resolve disputes among Muslims.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Phillips said that Islamic legal principles could be employed to deal with family and marital arguments and to regulate finance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...UKs-judge.html

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was just going to post this. :D

Still want to sell em the F-22 Gator???:p:D

Man oh man, WTF is up with this camel crap???

NavySquid
    I gotta get with my Scottish buddies and find out what they think on this one ... the sh_t coming out of the UK lately is nothing short of bizarre.

Unless it is the speedy execution part. Nothing at all wrong with all the appeals, just get them over in 6 months or so, then "ganfo the garthok"

Right, a country should actively embrace laws which demean and disenfranchise women. The appeal to Orthodox Jewish law is absurd. Women are real people in Jewish law, not half-men as it is under Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Right, a country should actively embrace laws which demean and disenfranchise women. The appeal to Orthodox Jewish law is absurd. Women are real people in Jewish law, not half-men as it is under Islam.
    I'm in total agreement. That judge is as offbase as our Supreme Court in some of their recent decisions, like the Gitmo ruling.

Islam: Governing Under Sharia
    Author: Sharon Otterman

March 14, 2005

>>>snip

For which crimes does the Quran mandate specific punishments?
    Five crimes known as the Hadd offenses, Lombardi says. Because these offenses are mentioned in the Quran, committing them is considered an affront to God. They are:

Wine-drinking and, by extension, alcohol-drinking, punishable by flogging
    Unlawful sexual intercourse, punishable by flogging for unmarried offenders and stoning to death for adulterers
    False accusation of unlawful sexual intercourse, punishable by flogging
    Theft, punishable by the amputation of a hand
    Highway robbery, punishable by amputation, or execution if the crime results in a homicide.

>>>

What happens in the case of apostasy?
    The traditional punishment for Islamic apostasy--leaving Islam for another religion or otherwise abandoning the Islamic faith--is death

>>>

What are the traditional sharia laws governing personal status issues?
    Marriage: Islamic marriage is a contract between a man and a woman. In the broadest of terms, the husband pledges to support his wife in exchange for her obedience, Brown says. Women can demand certain rights by writing them into the marriage contract, but the man is the head of the family, and traditionally, a wife may not act against her husband's wishes. (The Quran permits men to use physical force against disobedient wives in some circumstances, Powers says.) >>>

Divorce: Under sharia, the husband has the unilateral right to divorce his wife without cause. He can accomplish this by uttering the phrase "I divorce you" three times over the course of three months. If he does divorce her, he must pay her a sum of money agreed to before the wedding in the marriage contract and permit her to keep her dowry, Powers says. Classicalsharia lays out very limited conditions under which a woman can divorce a man-->>>

Polygamy: The Quran gives men the right to have up to four wives. There are some traditional limitations: a man must treat all co-wives equitably, provide them with separate dwellings, and acknowledge in a marriage contract his other spouses, if any. A woman cannot forbid the practice, but can insist on a divorce if her husband takes a second wife.>>>

Custody: In a divorce, the children traditionally belong to the father, but the mother has the right to care for them while they are young, Powers says. The age at which a mother loses custody differs from nation to nation. In Iran, the mother's custody ends at seven for boys and girls>>>

Inheritance: Mothers, wives, and daughters are guaranteed an inheritance in the case of a man's death. In the seventh century A.D., when the law was developed, this was a major step forward for women, Powers says. However, sharia also dictates that men inherit twice the share of women>>>

LINK
    I can't wait until our copy-cat judges start this crap.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I can't wait until our copy-cat judges start this crap.
    Wait til they start stoning women on the streets of London or when they set up a chopping block for the public hand removal.

So now they'll need three sets of laws. The laws for the British, the laws for the Muslims and a new set of laws to define who's laws get used when there are issues between the British and the Muslims.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Who's next to fall to the inhuman laws of sharia, France, Norway, Sweden. Reminds me of that seen from Braveheart, when Longshanks said "the trouble with Scotland is there are to many Scots.....we'll breed them out."