Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    So, you will attack our ally and reward our enemies. Got it. Shall I sew a yellow star of David onto my uniforms now or just wait until you open up the first camps?.
    Odysseus:
    If the wrong person were to be elected to our current system there is more likelyhood of persecution of Jews and minoriites today because we've allowed an imperial executive branch and strong collectivist centralized federal monstrosity to grow and grow beyond what was ever intended.
    There is more chance of tyranny the more collectivist a society becomes. The Nazi's and Soviet's and Roman empire bear witness.
    Will we be next?

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, the Arabs will simply continue to spread the global Jihad and use their massive oil revenues to undermine democracies through the spread of radical mosques and madrassas. Under your plan, we will not have to worry about unconstitutional laws, since we be under Sharia within a generation.
    I would be worried about that now.
    There is no reason to believe that the current crop of legislators even believe in the concepts of constitutional goverance based on the fact that the legislature is suppossed to be the system that when and where to go to war. Currently thesee bozos have handed off legal authority for warmaking to the President....yet again.
    If Sharia law comes to this country..it will be because we keep electing Republican's and Democrats that have no concept of constitutional authority. That problem is now.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I'm of the opinion that if we were actually enforcing our current border and immigration laws, we would have very little to fear from terrorism.

I like your platform, Gator - if I see your name on the NC ballot, I'll vote for you. :D

On edit: I like the elimination of the BATF, but why stop there? I'll see your BATF and raise you the IRS, the Education Department, and the DHS.
    Last edited by Troll; 07-18-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    19. Apologize on behalf of the United States government to the people of the South for invading their land and killing them. Provide financial restitution to families of Confederates killed by the US government. Establish a National Confederate War memorial and make Robert E. Leeís birthday a National Holliday.

19. Apologize on behalf of the United States government to the people of the South for invading their land and killing them. Provide financial restitution to families of Confederates killed by the US government. Establish a National Confederate War memorial and make Robert E. Leeís birthday a National Holliday.
    No apology neccesary. We know who we are and what we stand for. We lost, oh well. That don't mean we were wrong. Plus asking for financial restitution would make us no better than.....
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I'm of the opinion that if we were actually enforcing our current border and immigration laws, we would have very little to fear from terrorism.

I like your platform, Gator - if I see your name on the NC ballot, I'll vote for you. :D

On edit: I like the elimination of the BATF, but why stop there? I'll see your BATF and raise you the IRS, the Education Department, and the DHS.

I plan to cut Fed expenditures down from 3 trillion a year to about 1.2 trillion. In doing that you can bet your bottom dollar that several worthless government agencies will go away. For instance, I will do away with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Energy in addition to the ones you mentioned. I would keep one of the National Labs open but I would transfer the responsibility for the Nukes to the DOD. I would also put the DOD in charge of Environmental cleanup at the nuclear weapon facilities because they are much more efficient in environmental cleanup than the DOE. I would stop all this silly government subsidies for energy.

I would not renew any contact that had a union component to it unless it was the real low cost bidder and management had full control of the workforce.

I think the Feds should be charged with defense, road building, and a few other necessary functions. It should be about 10-12% of the GNP, at most. I will stop every entitlement program possible including food stamps and shit ass things like "no child left behind".

The job of the FBI should be to go after real interstate crime and not attacking citizens at places like Ruby Ridge. I would have them going after the gangs in the big cities. That way they would have to earn their pay for a change and actually reduce the crime rate.

I had better get down and sign up for the election in order to get my name on the ballot. I wonder if I will get an endorsement from AIPAC or the NAACP? Both those sleazy organizations will lose out big with me but their members will fare much better in the growing economy I would produce with less big government.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post

Bingo!
    The next time you hear someone shout out how we should "fight them over there" and how much they want to fight terrorism. Remind them how the borders of every southwestern state are still a gaping seive 7 years on.

Only two people have a platform similar to most of what gator suggests..... and those are Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin. Unfortunately...they don't have the backing of two party apparatus.....but they're both a hell of lot more conservative than McAmnesty. How many conservatives will actually cast a principled vote for one of them is the real pisser.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I can smell that stick he used to stir this shit pot all the way from Seattle.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    No apology neccesary. We know who we are and what we stand for. We lost, oh well. That don't mean we were wrong. Plus asking for financial restitution would make us no better than.....
    "We" wouldn't be asking for it or demanding it. As the leader of the country I would be doing it to help right a wrong. The people of the South were hurt tremendously by the invasion and the murder and it is time to make it right.

I would be more inclined to make the preparations more of a class action thing than a personal payment thing.

For instance, since the Union sent the 54th Massachusetts Colored Regiment to Florida to kill Floridians and destroy Florida then I think it would be right to require that Massachusetts pay the state tax for Florida for say five years or so.

Since troops from Illinois help to burn down Atlanta then the State of Illinois should pay the cost of government for Georgia for a few years.

Does something like that sound equitable?

Goldwater
    Mr. Gator, Jack Bing here of the Commie Liberal Times, what is your position in regards to the War on Drugs?

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Mr. Gator, Jack Bing here of the Commie Liberal Times, what is your position in regards to the War on Drugs?
    I hate druggies, kill them all!

That position is one of the reasons I am not running on the Libertarian Party ticket.

I think when I clean out the gangs of LA and close the border I will stop a lot of that shit.