1. #1 Obama's brother-in-law to run for MP in Bracknell 

Look here too

* MPs expenses: Police grilling in the Commons
    * Underfire Kirkbride claimed for £50k extension for brother
    * Speaker was 'leant on' to fight expenses case

Click here for more

Barack Obama's brother-in-law is to challenge for the Conservative seat left vacant by disgraced MP Andrew MacKay in Bracknell.

Ian Manners, a life-long Tory who lives in Bracknell constituency, plans to pick up the gauntlet thrown down by David Cameron to encourage candidates from a non-political background.

Mr Manners acted after his MP was forced to announce he will stand down following a public outcry last week when his constituents in Bracknell, Berkshire, called him "a thieving toad".

The politician, a former parliamentary aide to the Conservative leader, and his MP wife, Julie Kirkbride, have claimed a total of £170,000 in expenses for second homes - covering both their properties - over the past four years. She too is under mounting pressure to quit her seat in Bromsgrove.

Mr Manners, aged 56 years, a successful businessman and close relation of Barack and Michelle Obama, insisted his own fledgling political career would have their backing. Barack was a guest at his sister's wedding to Ian Manners in the commuter town, in 1996.

Mr Manners, a lifelong Conservative voter, but not a political activist, insisted today: "This is not a gimmick. I am determined to stand and, if I'm honest, know I'd do better than most of the current crop.

"They are an absolute disgrace, and the public has shown it will no longer tolerate their avarice, arrogance and warped belief that they're a class apart when it comes to following rules."

Mr Manners, a former golfing partner of the President, vowed to emulate his famous in-law's honesty and use his template for dialogue over rhetoric, especially when trying to bring together people of all races. ...
    link

I find it interesting that Obama's brother in law is a Tory, whereas Obama is about as liberal as american politicians get in this day and age.