Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CNN: Obama leaving his church 
    CNN: Obama leaving his church
    Posted May 31, 2008 6:02 PM

by John McCormick
    CNN is reporting this afternoon that Sen. Barack Obama is leaving Trinity United Church of Christ, his longtime religious home on Chicago's South Side and a place that has triggered repeated controversies during his presidential bid.

Obama press aides could not immediately be reached to confirm the report.

The latest controversy erupted this past week when an Internet video emerged from an appearance at the church last weekend by the Rev. Michael Pfleger.

Pfleger, who has had numerous run-ins with Chicago's Roman Catholic archdiocese involving his political activism, mocked Sen. Hillary Clinton from the pulpit during a guest appearance at the church. The priest also suggested the former first lady is a white elitist who felt entitled to the Democratic nomination
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...is_church.html

Obama is exhibiting a history of cuttin' n runnin' when the heat is applied. Sooner or later he is going to have to stand his ground and fight for what he truly believes in.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Sonnabend
    and fight for what he truly believes in.
    No one knows that that is...not even Obama.

All he has is spin and rhetoric. Empty man, empty promises.

Wonder if Jeremiah Wright will issue a statement?

When Oprah left TUCC, he said it was becasue she didn't want to tithe.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Obama is exhibiting a history of cuttin' n runnin' when the heat is applied. Sooner or later he is going to have to stand his ground and fight for what he truly believes in.
    I don't think there is much really there ,He has been carried along by white liberals all of his life first at Harvard law and now by Soros as the presidential poster child for the DNC .

He has a tendancy to melt under pressure and plays well to the party elite in San Francisco Bay Area .They think they have a better chance with a black liberal against Mc Cain than with the white witch from New York with all of her past political baggage .

I don't think rual Souther America is much impressed by his slipping and sliding but his position against the military and anti-gun past make him most suspect and we don't need another slick president like Clinton in the White House.

Banned
    Churches should stick to theology.

Sonnabend
    Churches should stick to theology.
    Uh huh.And close all their charities, too?

gator
    Too little, too late.

He is only "leaving" because his relationship to a hate organization has been exposed. He is not leaving because of his convictions; he is leaving to diffuse his church membership as an election issue.

Too bad he didn't do it 20 years ago when the gesture (and the man) might have represented more than just political pandering.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24908975

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

Sounds to me like he just got caught. What if none of this had come to light? Still sitting in the pew, listening to all that shit.

This man scares me to death.