1. #1 FSU Baseball Sets 18 Records in 37-6 Win Over Ohio St. 
    NCAA Regionals: Seminoles collect record 37 runs, 38 hits, 66 bases
    Sports Illustrated

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Stephen Cardullo set a tournament record with seven hits, including three of Florida State's NCAA-record 15 doubles, as the Seminoles routed Ohio State 37-6 on Sunday and advanced to the super regionals.
    Florida State (45-16) set NCAA postseason records with 37 runs, 38 hits and 66 total bases, while Cardullo tied the school mark for hits in an offensive performance the football team would've been proud of. The Seminoles set or tied 18 NCAA, school or postseason records.
    "I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it," coach Mike Martin said. "We're sitting there in the fourth inning and I knew we were going to a super regional."
    Jason Stidham, the regional's most outstanding player, hit a two-run double as the Seminoles scored eight times in the first and cruised past the pitching-depleted Buckeyes (42-19), who trailed 32-0 in the fifth.
    "Everything they did was right," said Ohio State coach Bob Todd, who went through seven pitchers in an attempt to stem the rout. "Everything we did was wrong."
    The teams combined for a single-game postseason record for hits (51) and tied the mark for runs, which was previously set in Miami, Ohio's 35-8 victory over Quinnipiac on June 4, 2005.
    Ohmed Danesh homered a drove in five runs on four hits, while Mike Meschke was 5 for 5 with a homer and four RBIs. Stidham drove in four runs and led the tournament with 12 RBIs in three games.
    Ohio State starter Jared Strayer allowed seven earned runs without recording an out. Andrew Armstrong, the Buckeyes' fifth pitcher, was tagged for 11 earned runs in one-third of an inning.
    "It was a great feeling," Cardullo said. "It's definitely true that hitting is contagious."
    Florida State will make its ninth super regional appearance in 11 years against the Norman Regional winner.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

This seems to be a habit when Ohio St. plays a team from Florida.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This seems to be a habit when Ohio St. plays a team from Florida.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... From a Bama fan, I don't care you are, that's funny right there.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Did anyone else see/hear about this one from Saturday night/Sunday morning in Austin?

Texas wins longest game in history

Travis Tucker hit an RBI single with one out in the top of the 25th inning, leading Texas to a 3-2 victory over Boston College on Saturday night in the longest game in NCAA history.

The game eclipsed the previous record of 23 innings, set in 1971 when Louisiana-Lafayette defeated McNeese State 6-5. The game began at 7:02 p.m. EDT Saturday and concluded 7 hours, 3 minutes later at 2:05 a.m. Sunday.

Texas reliever Austin Wood pitched 13 innings, including 12 1/3 innings of no-hit ball before allowing a two-out single to Tony Sanchez in the 19th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Did anyone else see/hear about this one from Saturday night/Sunday morning in Austin?

Texas wins longest game in history

Travis Tucker hit an RBI single with one out in the top of the 25th inning, leading Texas to a 3-2 victory over Boston College on Saturday night in the longest game in NCAA history.

The game eclipsed the previous record of 23 innings, set in 1971 when Louisiana-Lafayette defeated McNeese State 6-5. The game began at 7:02 p.m. EDT Saturday and concluded 7 hours, 3 minutes later at 2:05 a.m. Sunday.

Texas reliever Austin Wood pitched 13 innings, including 12 1/3 innings of no-hit ball before allowing a two-out single to Tony Sanchez in the 19th inning.
    They were talking about this morning on the way in to work. The relief pitcher for Texas picthed 12 1/2 inning. 9 of those 12 1/2 innings he pitched were no hitters 8^O If he had been the starter and they only played 9 innings he would have had a perfect game!