Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Backlash Against Letterman Growing. 
    David Letterman Slammed For Sex Jokes About Palin's Teen Daughter
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009
    By Allison McGevna

David Letterman is in the hot seat for several crude jokes he made on CBS' "The Late Show" about Sarah Palin and her teenage daughter.

Letterman, in his monologue Tuesday night, noted that the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate attended a Yankees game during a trip to New York City, where she was honored by a special needs group. Letterman referred to Palin, Alaska's governor, as having the style of a "slutty flight attendant."

The "Late Show" host also took a shot Palin's daughter, while poking fun at the Yankees' third baseman.

"One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

The backlash was almost immediate, with Palin's supporters denouncing the CBS host for making jokes that many said were sexist and for what they called an unfair attack on the governor and her family.

"I think that calling the former vice presidential candidate a slut or saying that her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez, I think everyone can agree that’s over the line," Washington Examiner correspondent Byron York told FOX News’ Greta Von Susteren.

But an even more disturbing fact, which Letterman may not have known, was that the daughter who accompanied Palin on her trip to New York was 14-year-old Willow — not 18-year-old Bristol, the unwed mother of Palin's first grandchild.

Now, many critics — including the Palins themselves – are slamming Letterman for jokes that they say make light of sexual abuse of an underage girl.

In a statement to FOXNews.com, Palin accused Letterman of making "sexually perverted" and “inappropriate" comments that she doubted he would “ever dare make” about anyone else’s daughter.

"Acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others," she said.

Palin's husband, Todd, echoed her sentiments, telling FOXNews.com, "Any ‘jokes’ about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it, and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."

A representative for “The Late Show” declined to offer comment for this story.
    What is wrong with people? I never understood the remarks made about Chelsea Clinton when her father was in office but this is much, much worse than that. Even the remarks about Palin's clothes are so far past the line that it's unbelievable. What male politician would be described by a comedian as looking like "a slutty banker"?

Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What is wrong with people? I never understood the remarks made about Chelsea Clinton when her father was in office but this is much, much worse than that. Even the remarks about Palin's clothes are so far past the line that it's unbelievable. What male politician would be described by a comedian as looking like "a slutty banker"?

Fox
    What do you think would happen if this were the case?

In the news today - did you hear bout this - President Obama had a new playground built for his daughters. When asked why there was no sand in the sandbox, he replied, "I was afraid the cat would keep covering them up."

Followed by canned laughter and applause.........

Disgusting, huh? That's why you leave politicians family out of your barbs against their parents.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    It is time for someone to remind Letterman of his Bastard child. He is a sorry excuse for a comedian and I hope the network cans this douche bag.

gator
    The SOB could care less. At the end of the day he figure the publicity will enhance his viewership.

He will continue to say anything he wants. I heard his "aoplogy" which really wasn't an apology. All he really said was that he was David Letterman and he figured the audience would understand that he was just rying to be funny.

I guess that is the miondset you develop when you hire asskissers to surround you and you go out in front of a cheering audience each night.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The SOB could care less. At the end of the day he figure the publicity will enhance his viewership.

He will continue to say anything he wants. I heard his "aoplogy" which really wasn't an apology. All he really said was that he was David Letterman and he figured the audience would understand that he was just rying to be funny.

I guess that is the miondset you develop when you hire asskissers to surround you and you go out in front of a cheering audience each night.
    Letterman stopped being funny years ago .His writers have driven him into the arms of the extreme left and all of his current material if pure politics.They are very fearful of Paulin and are all over her whenever she appears in public hoping to dissuade the Republicans from running her as a candidate in the next election .The did it to Dan Quayle The will try to do it to Sara Paulin !

Women's Advocacy Group Leader Blasts Letterman's Jokes About Palin, Calls for Apology (Good!)

The president of a national women's public policy group on Thursday blasted David Letterman's "offensive" jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter and called on the CBS late-night host to formally apologize. "There's a saying that out of the heart, the mouth speaks, and Letterman's statement reveals a pretty ugly reflection of who Letterman may be," Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America, told FOXNews.com. "When he said those things, they were thought through. He probably kicked them around with his writers who thought it was appropriate to say these reprehensible things." Letterman has been under fire since he...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525882,00.html

Two Hilton Execs Responded Re: Letterman "These ads have since been taken down"

Thank you for your email. Embassy Suites is not a sponsor or advertiser of the David Letterman show. Several online ads appeared on a series of web sites, including cbs.com, among many others. These ads have since been taken down. The appearance of the ads on the CBS network web site does not suggest we condone or agree with Mr. Letterman's views or comments.

We sincerely appreciate your email.

Thank you for your email. Embassy Suites is not a sponsor or advertiser of the David Letterman show. Several online ads appeared on a series of web sites, including cbs.com, among many others. These ads have since been taken down. The appearance of the ads on the CBS network web site does not suggest we condone or agree with Mr. Letterman's views or comments.

We sincerely appreciate your email.

Letterman Doesn’t Stop. Contact These Sponsors!

Following his outrageous joke about Alex Rodiguez ”knocking up” Governor Palin’s 14-year-old daughter, Willow, David Letterman is at it again (hat tip to Puma for Life and conservatives4palin).

The toughest part of [Palin's] visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter. That was the hard part.

The way I hear it, the man called a 14-year-old child a prostitute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ks_...layer_embedded

Many of our readers would like to protest Letterman’s disgusting slurs by contacting his sponsors. I don’t know what companies have been running advertisements during the last few shows, but I can tell you that the following companies currently have ads running as lead-ins to video clips on the Late Show With David Letterman website. Let’s make our voices heard!

Aveeno (owned by Johnson & Johnson)
    Canon
    Charmin (owned by Proctor & Gamble)
    Citibank
    Downy (also owned by P&G)
    Hellman’s
    Lexus (owned by Toyota)
    Nissan
    Rogaine

Update: With apologies, we have removed commenter Chappy’s list of sponsors copied from another site because we have been notified of at least four inaccuracies in it. The sponsors above are those that we have personally verified.

http://thenewagenda.net/2009/06/10/l...hese-sponsors/

RE Letterman: “This” is an apology? [SLAMS LETTERMAN]

[Has link to video too she is refering to] This is an apology? The audience is laughing and clapping. Skip to 5:00 for Letterman’s mea culpa on his “jokes” being aimed at the 18 year-old not 14 year-old daughter. And, if you really want to be infuriated, skip to 5:25 for this: ..cuz the girl who actually,excuse me, but was knocked up, and is now 18 years-old… http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-si..._b_214248.html
    ..........................................."This Guy Is A Real AssHole !"

David Letterman responds to Palin jokes uproar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM...layer_embedded
    Todd Palin, the governor’s husband, has accused Letterman of making a joke about someone “raping” his younger daughter. Neither girl was directly named in the original joke, which also namechecked New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez.

.....Her Father Ought To Kick Lettermans Ass !

Letterman responded, “I would never, ever make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened.” The comedian also invited the governor to appear on his show, but suggested she leave Todd at home.

A spokesman for the governor was not immediately available to comment on Letterman’s latest statements.

Writing on the news blog The Huffington Post, Amy Siskind, co-founder of women’s advocacy group The New Agenda, wrote that Letterman’s jokes about Willow should be cause for concern for conservatives and non-conservatives alike, and that some in the media apply a double-standard by not voicing concern about sexism applied to conservatives like Palin.

“… When Governor Sarah Palin’s 14-year-old daughter is the subject of a degrading and humiliating joke by David Letterman, how can we let this be part of our culture?” Siskind wrote.

Another political offpring, Meghan McCain, also chimed in, declaring Letterman’s comments “disgusting and sexist.” (McCain’s father, U.S. Sen. John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate in his campaign for the White House last year.)

It’s not the first time that Letterman has had to eat his words. Last year, he apologized to celebrity heiress Paris Hilton, after he badgered her in a previous appearance with questions about her time in jail.

http://thenewagenda.net/blog/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    .....Her Father Ought To Kick Lettermans Ass !

Letterman responded, “I would never, ever make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened.” The comedian also invited the governor to appear on his show, but suggested she leave Todd at home.

]
    She should accept the invitation and bring Todd with her. I would love to see that sorry piece of shit either eat crow or a fistfull of knuckels.