Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sonnabend
    Nice source. Don't want to die in the good Sheriff's care? Don't do the crime.
    Except that a great many of those in his jail are awaiting trial hence innocent until proven guilty

Forgot, did we?
    A bed 40 something centimeters off the floor? How about being attacked by another inmate? Should we now indict SnObama over deaths in Federal prisons as well?
    Duty of care. Look it up.

Multiple bowel perforations and fractured skull from falling off a bunk?

And the last question...

Why hasn't he been charged in any of the deaths you posted from wikifuckingpedia?!
    For the same reason that NoBama is in the WH. Think on that.And by the way, jerkweed, the cases in question are documented elsewhere, if you ever get up the energey to go look.

Hey sonna, before you go spouting off, you might want to check the footnotes to wikifuckingpedia...
    Okay

Love to

Forty-six-year-old Deborah Braillard passed away January 25th, 2005, after being arrested for alleged probation violations. In 2003, she had been placed on three years probation after being convicted of drug offenses and credit-card violations. When she was booked into jail on January 2nd, Deborah and her family were concerned for her safety.

Because she was a diabetic, she required frequent insulin injections. However, because of her prior conviction and jail stay, jail medical personnel knew about her condition.

Nurses were present in her cell on January 3rd and on the 4th, but they did not examine her or administer insulin.
    On January 5th, a security report notes that Braillard had begun "kicking… groaning (and) yelling." She was moved to another room where her wails wouldn't disturb officers and awaken other inmates. A few hours later, a nurse entered the pod, but again, did not treat Braillard or give her an insulin injection. As soon as the switchboard opened at seven a.m., Jennifer Braillard, Deborah's daughter, called and notified officials that her mother was diabetic, and she told them what kind of insulin her mother needed.

Hours later, Braillard fell into a diabetic coma. On January 5th, she entered the hospital, where she drifted in and out of consciousness,where she passed away in the hospital on January 23rd. If jailers would have bothered to look at Braillard's records, they would have noticed that during an earlier incarceration, she was given insulin every day.

Culpable negligence.

Okay forget wiki

Try this

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-...ty-has-a-price

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston, for example, collectively housed more than 61,000 inmates per day last year. From 2004 through November of this year, these same county jails had a combined 43 prison-conditions lawsuits filed against them in federal courts.

In the very same three-year time frame, despite housing a mere 9,200 prisoners per day, Sheriff Arpaio was the target of a staggering 2,150 lawsuits in U.S. District Court and hundreds more in Maricopa County courts.
    Or this

Three weeks after the ignored doctor's appointment, McCollum was finally rushed to thecounty hospital for the second time. She had lost so much blood that doctors gave her a massive blood transfusion. Then they removed the dead fetus. It's important to note that McCollum hadn't been convicted of a crime. Like inmates whose deaths are recounted later in this story, McCollum was awaiting trial — innocent under the law.
    Recent figures estimate that 70 percent of inmates are pretrial detainees. Meaning many of them will soon walk out of court hearings and back to their lives outside jail.

Sonna? One of my best friends was in Joe's jail. He told me, if you are a model inmate, life is easy. He also said those who want to act up and act a fool, get their just due.

Leslie was there over 4 years, head coach of the baseball team, who also won the championship for jails in Arizona, three years in a row. He also got his Heating andAir Conditioning certification, which he wanted all of his life.

Leslie was adopted, a had a pretty hard life growing up. After he spent those four years in Joe's jail, he finally was at ease with Leslie. Tradgically, he died of a massive heart attack when he was only 43, five years ago.

You can dis-agree with Joe's tactics and standards, but he will enforce all local, state and federal laws, as he should.

And Leslie said he had great respect for Joe and the job he does.

edit to add; Most prisoners sit reading law books, bringing suits against the jails, state and local governments all the time. Just to tie up the "system" and for something to pass the time with.
    Last edited by Teetop; 06-10-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: prisoner lawsuits

Nurses were present in her cell on January 3rd and on the 4th, but they did not examine her or administer insulin.
    if true - sounds like the medical staff is negligent. That does not make The Sheriff culpable or a murder.

ETA - I'm not sure I am willing to trust the testimony of people with police records as long as their arms. Something that just doesn't smack of trustworthiness if you ask me.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Those of us who have the EXTREME PLEASURE of having Joe Arpaio as OUR sheriff, do not give a shit what folks in Australia think about him, or folks anywhere else in the world either.

WE like him, WE re-elect him EVERY TIME, and will continue to do so as long as he wants to run.

People don't like him? They can stay the fuck out of Maricopa County.

rm -rf obama*

Sonnabend
    if true - sounds like the medical staff is negligent. That does not make The Sheriff culpable or a murder.
    Yes he is responsible.

His jail, his command, every single thing that happens there is on HIS head. He is in charge.

If they screw up, HE is the one who answers for it as they work in HIS jail and HE is in charge.

Duty of care. One of the laws he swore to uphold as Sheriff. Or are you saying that somehow he is not accountable?

I'm not sure I am willing to trust the testimony of people with police records as long as their arms
    You seem to have a reading problem. if they have not yet been tried they have not committed ANY crime and until such time as they are tried, they are innocent until proven guilty.

People don't like him? They can stay the fuck out of Maricopa County.
    Oh I quite agree...especially when there is a very real chance of you winding up dead after being arrested for shoplifting.

Y'know, the hypocrisy here is quite sickening. At least twelve questionable deaths in his jail. If this had been a military jail you lot would be screaming for someone's blood.

Go ahead, re elect the bastard. Until one day you will suddenly realise just who and what he is.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-11-2009 at 03:45 AM.

I don't believe the good Sherriff has time to know every detail of every jail he oversees:

A Typical Workday for the
    Maricopa County Justice
    Systems Means*
    . . .
    • 344 adults booked into jail
    • 9,733 total adults in jail
    • 433 juveniles in detention
    • 41,382 meals served to juvenile
    detainees and adult inmates
    • 569 adult inmates transported to a
    court appearance
    • 1,200 hearings scheduled in Superior
    Court
    • 300 (approx) residents appear for
    jury duty (to Superior, Justice, and
    most Municipal Courts)
    • 1,973 adults in the community under
    officer supervision pending trial
    • 29,217 adults in the community
    supervised by probation officers after
    sentencing
    • Over 1,700 cases filed in Justice
    Courts
    • 107 new felony cases filed
    • 430 total cases filed with Superior
    Court
    • 12,659 court documents filed
    • 37,000 pieces of paper filed with
    the Clerk of the Superior Court
    • $514,081 spent for detaining adults
    • $1.78 million spent in the overall
    County criminal justice system.
    * daily average of statistics for fiscal
    year 2005-06MARICOPA COUNTY
    JUSTICE SYSTEM
    ANNUAL ACTIVITIES REPORT
    FISCAL YEAR 2005-06

I'm sure the numbers have increased over the past couple of years.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sonnabend
    I'm not sure I am willing to trust the testimony of people with police records as long as their arms. Something that just doesn't smack of trustworthiness if you ask me.
    http://afscimmigration.blogspot.com/...igotry-in.html

Physical abuse of inmates by staff

· Staff and administrative failure to address allegations of physical abuse

· Failure to discipline staff found to have abused detainees and inmates

·
    False reporting regarding use of force and allegations of abuse

· Denial of access to counsel - thats Miranda, folks.

· Inadequate medical care

Go ahead, research it all you like, form any source you like.

They all say the same thing.

Sonnabend
    I don't believe the good Sherriff has time to know every detail of every jail he oversees:
    Yep,total bullshit and denial. He is in charge and that jail is his responsibility, And if he cant manage it then he needs to be replaced.

His staff. His guards. His prisoners.

His head.

Fuck it..you've got your head jammed so far up his ass it isnt funny. I'm done here.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-11-2009 at 04:04 AM.

Sonnabend
    A Captain's head rolls if one of his soldiers screws up

A Major gets his ass handed to him when one of his troops screws up and the Captain is first on the shit list.

Arpaio is in charge of that jail and if one of his people screws up it's HIS head and his alone.

Those prisoners are there under HIS care and it is HIS duty of care to see to it that they are treated humanely and in accordance with all the laws of the state that he himself swore to uphold the day he put on that badge.

I find your hypocrisy, and your moral equivalence sickening. Go read the facts for yourself, and I gaurantee you that not one word of any of this is "made up".

Oh yeah I almost forgot

• $1.78 million spent in the overall County criminal justice system.
    ADD

$41.4 million solely in legal fees, insurance premiums, and payouts to the people who've sued him.

Ok Sonna, we've argued about this before, but please consider this...

If you don't live in Maricopa county, the things you hear about Joe Arpaio are broadcast by the VERY LIBERAL Phoenix media. They HATE Arpaio because he enforces the illegal immigration laws. By the time you guys hear anything, the "news" has again been "filtered" by the EXTREMELY LIBERAL national media.

All of these "claims" against Arpaio have been investigated, and if there were anything there, the LIBERALS would be SURE to find it.

rm -rf obama*