Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Sonnabend
    OK Great One. Apparently you, a health care worker( in AUSTRALIA) and part time professional know-it-all, have evidence,,,,,,PROOF I SAY! of the Sheriff's guilt?
    I said he is accountable Those people died on his watch. In his jail. Under his care and his responsibility. We had one death in custody, there is an investigation and charges are to follow.

Arpaio has over a dozen and no one has been held to account.

I already allowed that "you may be correct." To date however, you are INCORRECT. You simply have emotions over the issue, not actionable proof.
    These people are DEAD. Thats all the proof I need. When's the inquiry? When will he be charged? Will Arpaio face court and give a rational explanation as to how this happened with staff under his command?.

No?

Didnt think so

Oh BTW, support your insult. You called me a hypocrit. How? When? Why?
    When you lot stop slurping Ariaos asshole and start looking uinto the rapidly growing number of people who have died under his watch, then you'll have credibility.

You call; Obama every name under the sun and hold him to account for his screwups,..,.but not Arpaio.

Like I said.

Hypocrite.

I am willing to give the man the benefit of innocent until proven guilty. He has been acquited every time meaning he was PROVEN INNOCENT. Apparently you believe guilty until proven innocent or worse "guilty even after acquital" because; "I have Strong Emotions making me "feel" he is guilty."
    ...and the body count continues to climb.

I remember you defending OJ on this board because he was ACQUITTED. He is a known murderous POS and got away with it, yet you defend him. I'm thinking YOU are the hypocrit.
    I said a civil trial is a violation of double jeopardy. It is.

Arpaio is yet to face one charge, as each and every case is swept under the rug, encouraged by all those who "love Sheriff Joe" and cant see why anyone would want to criticise this "champion of the law".....and in the background, the list of the dead continues to grow....and grow....and grow.........

http://realcostofprisons.org/blog/ar...paio_gets.html

The disregard for the rights of people who are accused of something illegal is all too common. Mr. Arpaioís jails are full of people awaiting trail who cannot make bail; by his own accounting, 117 people have died in his custody, including many with serious mental health problems.
    That's one state, one jail in a country of 300 million.

Guess what...in Australia, there were 69 deaths in custody in a YEAR (2002) and thats the entire country....Arpaio has 117 deaths so far in one state.

In 2008? 23 Aust wide...I am happy to say that the parallel Arpaio here would be in a jail cell convicted of multiple counts of negligent homicide..when someone dies on the watch of a prison commander, he or she had better be ready to explain exactly how it happened and what was done to prevent it or their ass is a rug, the officers involved had better be ready to hand in their badges and get ready for the dole queue..and they better get lawyers because there will be criminal charges

117 dead.

Arpaio's deputies handed a man they had already been told was a suicide risk, a disposable razor...shock horror, he used it to slit his wrists. And you dont see a single thing wrong. or a single reason to think that maybe your hero has more than a few questions to answer?

I will say it again and maybe one of you will take the time to look up this simple concept that we "backward Aussies" seem to get but you oh so clever Americans dont

DUTY OF CARE
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-20-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Personally - I don't think enough inmates die each year. I'm all for expanding capital punishment to include things such as sexual abuse of children - rape - voter fraud . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Personally - I don't think enough inmates die each year. I'm all for expanding capital punishment to include things such as sexual abuse of children - rape - voter fraud . . . .
    ROFL. That's a Shannon comment.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    ROFL. That's a Shannon comment.

Sonnabend
    More than 70 percent of all the people in Arpao's jails have not yet been convicted of anything. One of the more recent deaths involved a person accused of shoplifting..I wasnt aware that that was a capital crime.

So, Policon, you think that the moment a person is arrested,. all their rights go out the window, and who cares if they die.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    More than 70 percent of all the people in Arpao's jails have not yet been convicted of anything. One of the more recent deaths involved a person accused of shoplifting..I wasnt aware that that was a capital crime.

So, Policon, you think that the moment a person is arrested,. all their rights go out the window, and who cares if they die.

Interesting.
    Don't start none - won't be none.

Moderate Commie Lib
    Riiiiiiiight...because an innocent man NEVER got arrested in this country....
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    Riiiiiiiight...because an innocent man NEVER got arrested in this country....
    there is no such thing as an innocent man.

Moderate Commie Lib
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    there is no such thing as an innocent man.
    Are we speaking in the metaphysical sense or the practical sense? In the metaphysical, yes, in the practical, that's why we have a judge and jury and not just a plain ol' executioner.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    Are we speaking in the metaphysical sense or the practical sense? In the metaphysical, yes, in the practical, that's why we have a judge and jury and not just a plain ol' executioner.
    Like I said - don't start none - won't be none.