Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You have to remember that they did start off as a penal colony - so of course their sympathies are going to rest with the criminally bent . . . .They have to defend their own! ;)
    That left a mark....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Oh maybe soon enough, if the current investigation has the teeth to do the job.If its swept under the carpet, as it has been done before, after he leaves office or he dies...the truth will come out.

Arpaio..Obama.....it's the same thing,. Enough credulous fools and drooling fanbois to elect him...and then turn a blind eye to what they represent and what they have done.

117 dead.

Y'see, where I live, the prisons are run by the government and if there were 117 deaths in ONE prison?....there'd be whats called a Royal Commission and heads would roll.

And people facing jail for murder, malfeasance and a host of other charges.

But please, keep licking Joe's ass. It's amusing for me to see you do what you decry in the media concerning Obama, I guess history does repeat itself.

You Americans prate on about how great the US is and how well the system works...but in an Australian prison, a m,an arrested will face court...not a coroner. We kinda like the idea of the people in jail living loing enough to finish their sentences...so do their families.

I guess in this area, we Aussies have the better solution. Last time I checked, shoplifting didnt merit the death penalty.

"There is no such thing as an innocent man"

My my.....how revealing...
    Thats what you don't get. We will back a man that was elected and does the right thing. Joe obeys and enforces the law, we support him.
    The great and mighty 0, is subverting and tearing apert America, we dont support him.

BTW, the miranda is a joke.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Sonnabend
    You have to remember that they did start off as a penal colony - so of course their sympathies are going to rest with the criminally bent . . . .They have to defend their own
    Uh Policon, if I have to keep this up, I am going to send you an invoice for tutelage.

I am shocked that you are so lacking in your own history.

The historical record is this: in the 17th and 18th centuries England transported some 50,000 convicts to the American colonies where they were sold into servitude, usually for seven years. Of that number the historian A. Roger Ekirch estimates that 36,000 came from England, 13,000 from Ireland and 700 from Scotland (Bound for America. The Transportation of British Convicts to the Colonies, 1718-1775, Oxford, 1987, p. 27).

Convict transportation to the American colonies was effectively ended by the American Declaration of Independence in 1776 which forced England to use the newly "discovered" land of Australia as a dumping ground for convicts.

For 81 years, beginning in 1787, England transported some 160,000 manacled convicts in sailing ships on a 16,000 mile voyage to Australia; in the dark holds of the ships which ferried this human cargo there were 39,000 convicts from Ireland, 30,000 men and 9,000 women (Robert Hughes, The Fatal Shore, New York, 1987, p. 195).
    Tsk tsk, dear sir...first American civics, now American history. Should I call Linda in here to correct your grammar as well?

Oh yes, almost forgot. In 1900, at Federation, Australia's population was just over 3.7 million. Of that number,. less than 190,000 were convicts, or the descendants of convicts. The greatest influx of migrants was after the end of WW2...under the ideal of "emigrate or perish".

Many of those who had "served their term" chose to stay instead...and thrived in a growing and plentiful land.

And, just to magnify your seemingly pitiful grasp of history, may I remind you that many of those transported were the poor, the huddled masses, the starving who stole bread to live, children who had no parents and were thrown onto ships to be deported.

What school was unfortunate enough to have you as a pupil?...or didnt they actually TEACH any real history back then?

It's hilarious....I know more about your law and your history than you do.

Sad.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-23-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Sonnabend
    Thats what you don't get. We will back a man that was elected and does the right thing
    I can think of 117 people who would disagree with you....you could discuss it with them I suppose...oh wait...

Thank you professor Sonnabounce!

Sonnabend

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Uh Policon, if I have to keep this up, I am going to send you an invoice for tutelage.

I am shocked that you are so lacking in your own history.

Tsk tsk, dear sir...first American civics, now American history. Should I call Linda in here to correct your grammar as well?

Oh yes, almost forgot. In 1900, at Federation, Australia's population was just over 3.7 million. Of that number,. less than 190,000 were convicts, or the descendants of convicts. The greatest influx of migrants was after the end of WW2...under the ideal of "emigrate or perish".

Many of those who had "served their term" chose to stay instead...and thrived in a growing and plentiful land.

And, just to magnify your seemingly pitiful grasp of history, may I remind you that many of those transported were the poor, the huddled masses, the starving who stole bread to live, children who had no parents and were thrown onto ships to be deported.

What school was unfortunate enough to have you as a pupil?...or didnt they actually TEACH any real history back then?

It's hilarious....I know more about your law and your history than you do.

Sad.
    lol damn you have big buttons that are easy to push!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.