Thread: He may be right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What I see in Daveparts post is a resignation to the inevitable. That is not a good attitude to have but I find myself there from time to time. In most cases we will cause very little problem to the government and the military. We might as well have BB guns with the sophisticated weaponry they will bring against us. I can’t romanticize about cold dead hands because that will likely be my fate, that or an internment camp. I have been an individualist all my life. The government we have had the last 50 years has been stifling for me. I can’t imagine being able to live under communism or fascism. It aint’t gunna happen.

Rock, never surrender before the fight; who knows, you might even win.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    First NoonWitch you have to remember a couple of things.

First, the government shot first ( and shot for 8-10 minutes before anyone shot back). Second, the raid was about two AR-15 rifles that were built out of spare parts, sold at a gun show and no taxes were paid on them. And third, being a " nut" is an excuse for the government agent uses to shot you and get away with it.
    Sometime in the near future you'll hear this a lot.

I suggest Noonwitch you rent WACO: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT . its an eye opener.

But whenever you have a dangerous cult like the Davidians, you have other issues beyond the weapons that involve law enforcement. You have issues of the custody of children of members, public safety regarding the building codes and such, and so on. The ATF handled both Waco and Ruby Ridge badly, and probably should have left the situations to local and state law enforcement, but it wasn't smart on either the Davidians' or the Weaver family's parts to not surrender immediately. Same applies to the guys in Michigan growing pot at Rainbow Farm, although I don't think that one involved any feds, it was MSP/county brownies who mishandled that one. Additionally, the guys who owned the farm/campground had gotten pretty unstable in the months before their standoff.

But the feds should have learned from what happened at Jonestown, when it came to dealing with the Waco thing. It wasn't inconceivable that a group of fanatics would commit mass suicide rather than give up their beliefs in the early 90s.

Noonwitch did you know that the local sheriff had already collected the Davidian firearms a week before the raid ( with no trouble whatsoever) and checked to see if they had been illegally altered ( they hadn't been).

There was no sign that the Davidians were a " dangerous cult " . ATF told Gov. Anne Richards they had a drug lab ( which they didn't). Like I said watch WACO : RULES OF ENGAGEMENT , you'll hear audio recording by the Davidians made during the standing off.

The Davidians didn't commit suicide. The gas pumped into the main building was CS gas. The US government was told by Aldridge Chemicals ( the manufactors) said that the gas was meant for outdoor use only; when it was used in Isreal inside dwellings the gas turned to a deadly hydrogen-cyanide when mixed with other compounds ( killing those inside the dwelling). Also this gas was explosive as coal dust. The autopsies showed most of the Davidians died from cyanide, not smoke, or fire.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 06-08-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Being armed protects us from each other but I don't think it will protect us from the government. My main hobby is guns and reloading. I like big bore pistols the best.
    I've just finishing reading a book about the F.B.I's HRT teams that are supposed to be used in cases of mass kidnappings by terrorist groups domestic or foreign .

In reality they will be called out along with the ATF ,the local state police and national guard in any uprisings against the Government .HRT and Batf deploy trained marksmen as snipers in advance of an assault just as they did at Ruby Ridge when the killed that woman holding her baby.

They use the same rifles that the Marine snipers use chambered in 308's and They will blow your head off at twelve hundred yards .If push comes to shove the people wouldn't stand a chance against a hostle government .
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-15-2009 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I've just finishing reading a book about the F.B.I's HRT teams that are supposed to be used in cases of mass kidnappings by terrorist groups domestic or foreign .

In reality they will be called out along with the ATF ,the local state police and national guard in any uprisings against the Government .HRT and Batf deploy trained marksmen as snipers in advance of an assault just as they did at Ruby Ridge when the killed that woman holding her baby.

They use the same rifles that the Marine snipers use chambered in 308's and They will blow your head off at twelve hundred yards .If push comes to shove the people wouldn't stand a chance against a hostle government .

Don't bet on it.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.