Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

"Secular humanism is a humanist philosophy that upholds reason, ethics, and justice, and specifically rejects the supernatural and the spiritual as warrants of moral reflection and decision-making.

Like other types of humanism, secular humanism is a life stance focusing on the way human beings can lead good and happy lives."

NO GOD is allowed in Secular English school Rooms unless it's a pre-aproved Islamic one.
    Thats what makes it by definition, not secular. As biccat said, this smells like PC multiculturalism run amuk... secularism is built around a notion that religious ideas/traditions etc just arent that valuable (or even detrimental), at least depending on the venue (like a public school). A secular school would/should tend to stick with and educate a diverse people while adhering only to commonly shared traditions and culture (non-religious). Not by forcing everyone to say a prayer in faiths that are not theirs.

This is just more of the same appeasement crap... Anyone ever see some awkward white guy trying to act overtly non-racist towards black people, but ends up just making himself look foolish? That seems like how the sensitive PC crowd tries to treat Islam these days... they try way too hard to act overtly non-islamaphobic.
    Last edited by wilbur; 07-07-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Secular Humanism places no value on religious beliefs, thus those who practice it do not understand the significance of asking a Christian to pray to Allah or a Muslim to pray to Jesus. Martyrs died in order to avoid praying to what they believe to be a pagan or false god. The teach may have thought that he was merely allowing these children to share an experience of being part of another religion but to those who are brought up devout the teacher was asking for them to commit an immoral act.

Actually the whole problem here is with the 'ism' being attached to secular or human. For example being feminine does not equate with feminism, being human does not equate to humanism and being secular is not the same thing as practicing secularism. These 'ism's tend to model the extreme behaviors of the causes or values that the adherents relate themselves to and try to express these beliefs as the norm. After a given period of time they see their views as the norm because they tend to associate with like minded people and forget that there are other points of view or those other points of view are more common than theirs. As an example, liberals tend to associate with liberals and come to the false conclusion that most people are liberal. When an election occurs and they are confronted with the fact that at least 50 percent of the population holds a different view they are shocked and have to find some external cause to explain why so many people don't hold the same view. This is the explanation for the 'stolen election' syndrome we've seen over the last 8 years.

Just my opinion. I'll shut up now :)

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The unsaid here is the worst. Islamic hardliners would kill all involved in this story, infidels are not to participate in this holy practice, especially if the weren't facing Mecca. This PC garbage will be the death of western beliefs. Include the other story of a British judge allowing for Sharia law to be practiced in muslim areas of Londinistan.